what happens when you have limited time and you realise ur story is a peice of shit? (1 Viewer)

illmatic

NaS
HSC
i re-read my first vignette and i think it fuckin blows now. it's boring.. does it matter? i mean IMO im using good language and imagery... but like it's a bit boring... will it hurt me badly?

i duno. im not confident anymore. i feel like crying and dropping EE2 - but then again ive come this far so why not just continue?

help!

HSC
N/A
If you still feel it has potential, chances are reworking it in a new direction might get it to where you originally envisaged it to be.

You're absolutely right in not wanting to give up - about 90% of the people I know hated their first full working draft. However, after a re-working (which often takes the work into a completely new direction) it might evolve into something you actually like.

The problem with EE2 is you spend so much time and effort on it - to the point where often, you'll continue bashing yourself up against a brick wall long after the headache started. Distance yourself from your work. Objectively review it, top to bottom, and look for things you particularly like and dislike. In regards to the dislikes, write down a couple of alternatives that might work better, even if they lead the story in an entirely new direction or get you to write in a way you never have before. Then, do some experimental writing and see how it goes.

Good luck, and keep me posted on how it goes!

HSC
N/A
You're welcome to email it to me - just give me till next Tuesday night to read it, as my exams start tommorrow :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)