What have you eaten today? (1 Viewer)

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
2 eggs with sour cream (idk weird craving)
brazil nuts, walnuts and almonds
about to have lunch which will be chicken kiev (with no bread crumbs) and green vegies

fuck yeah getting back on the healthy eating bandwagon
stir fried vegies (snow peas, capsicum, water chestnut, asparagus, pak choy, zucchini, chilli)
2 atkins chocolate bars
diet coke

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
there are NO crabs in atkins chocolate bars

not the big meal replacement ones, the ~35g ones duh
Crabs lol. I assume you meant carbs.

So I am trying to lose weight (and improve my bmi) and am watching my calories. How many calories are in those chocolate bars?

I ate a chocolate bar the other day and then done the math and realised I had to walk for 40 minutes to negate the calories. When you think about it like that, eating it doesn't seem worthwhile.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Yesterday:
Popcorn
125g raspberries
Some nuts
6 inch subway
Boost juice (just how unhealthy are these?)
Chocolate bar
3 breadsticks

How much nuts should I eat a day? I know they are high in protein although they also seem really high in fat.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
So I am trying to lose weight (and improve my bmi) and am watching my calories. How many calories are in those chocolate bars?
I wouldn't say any of those kind of things are worth the money unless you are actually on a keto diet or trying to restrict carb intake for whatever reason. Afaik, they aren't significantly lower in calories but have pretty much no carbs so it won't kick people on low carb diets out of ketosis if they give into chocolate cravings.

kfnmpah

HSC
Crabs lol. I assume you meant carbs.

I ate a chocolate bar the other day and then done the math and realised I had to walk for 40 minutes to negate the calories. When you think about it like that, eating it doesn't seem worthwhile.
there are 186 calories i am pretty sure
but not carbs

that's what matter if you want to lose body fat just stop eating carbs and obvi watch your caloric intake but it doesn't matter as much
also your appetite will be slightly suppressed when you're eating fat + protein real talk

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
yes super real talk

even controlling for calories, I get a lot hungrier when I eat carbs

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Why are cards better at losing weight than calories?

I assume it matters what you eat? E.g. 1200 calories of chocolate is probably not as good as 1200 calories of fruit, nuts, bread, popcorn etc?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Why are cards better at losing weight than calories?

I assume it matters what you eat? E.g. 1200 calories of chocolate is probably not as good as 1200 calories of fruit, nuts, bread, popcorn etc?
Look up ketonic diets, that's where a lot of the avoiding carbs for losing weight comes from. But also like kfnmpah said protein is better for satiety and it's probably bro science but carbs + fat is supposed to be be bad. Something to do with GI and insulin spikes or what not but I think all that might have been debunked.

Supposedly, if you are getting enough micro nutrients (vitamins etc.) it doesn't matter where the calories are coming from.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Supposedly, if you are getting enough micro nutrients (vitamins etc.) it doesn't matter where the calories are coming from.
uh no it really does matter

carbs, especially refined sugar, are really bad for you besides the weight gain

kfnmpah

HSC
look i don't really know why but even when i was eating like 1 packet of 2 minute noodles a day i was getting fat but maybe i was just getting flabby

eating quality food straight up makes a difference

kfnmpah

HSC
natural yogurt + raspberries + nuts
nuts
more yogurt and berries and nuts
stir friend veges
2 boiled eggs
4 pieces of lindt dark chocolate + coconut

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Approx 10 unsalted macadamia nuts x 2 (20 total)
125g brown rice cup with vegetables
Large coffee x 1
Muesli bar x 1
Small can of V x 1
2.5L water

Will probably eat some breadstick things or popcorn as a snack soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)