What is Academic Honesty? (1 Viewer)

What is Academic Honesty? I'm a bit confused. I know it's something to do with plagiarism. My friends and I were talking about it and my friend said that we have to do it before we do our assessments. Please help.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Australian_Idol said:
What is Academic Honesty? I'm a bit confused. I know it's something to do with plagiarism. My friends and I were talking about it and my friend said that we have to do it before we do our assessments. Please help.

If I helped u....then...U'de use my idea to your benefit.....hmmmm...dat's plaiarism.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Academic honesty just means not ripping off other peoples ideas or copying slabs of writing and passing it off as your own.
I'm not sure what your friend meant by you have to "do it" before you hand in your assignments...perhaps they meant that you have to reference before you hand in your assignment?

If you dont know about referencing yet, they should have guidelines available somehwere...I know I got a booklet on it when I first enrolled in my course, if you didn't get this there is probably something on the net that explains it. Make sure you follow the guidelines properly, UNI markers are very hard on this, and you can quickly lose a tonne of marks if you don't do it.

Lainee

HSC
Australian_Idol said:
:p If you're asking about what academic honesty is in general, butterfly_wings answered it. But I think you're asking about the Academic Honesty module that's up in Blackboard.

It's a series of questions that you, as a USYD Eco&Bus student, may have to do before submitting your assessment. What is it basically, is a series of questions to test that you understand what academic honesty is and how to avoid plagiarism etc.

During 2004 the Faculty developed and piloted an online learning module on Blackboard for assisting students to understand critical matters relating to academic honesty. Following feedback from students in the pilot, all students enrolled in the Faculty have been granted access to it for the duration of enrolment in the Faculty. Consult your Unit of Study Outline for clarification whether completion of it will be required as part of submission of your assessments. Typically this will be noted on the assessment cover sheet.
Just go to Blackboard and there will be a link to the questions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)