What is BiG (1 Viewer)

ztrask02

Professional Expert
HSC
Yesterday I got a christmas card from BiG wishing me a merry this and a happy that.

After I read the touching card, I was prompted to ask the question
'What exactly is BiG'?

Perhaps someone could shed some light on this intruiging organisation?

m1nx

HSC
Hi there :) I am actually the P.R. Exec for BiG, which stands for the Bachelor of Information Technology Group - one of the social clubs at uni in the IT faculty, mostly comprising of the B.IT scholarship students with various events, such as those including sponsors and the like (hopefully moreso this coming year).

You can find the website here.

There are a number of other IT related societies, such as ProgSoc, E.G.G and CompSoc (which btw, you will definitely want to join :cool: ). A list of the other uni clubs and societies can also be found here.

Hope this helps! :)

da_cupcake

1st yr BIT @ UTS
HSC
Hey there!

BiG stands for the Bachelor of Information Technology Group. It's a social club for students studying in the IT faculty. But other students from other faculties may join as well. BiG organises many events throughout the year, like this year we had parties, fun cruise, giveways with cool prizes and etc..

So...It only costs $5 to join for the membership fee - - there are many great benefits of being a BiG member such as discounted tickets to BiG events and free entry to giveaways!

Check out the cool site Kris made: http://big.it.uts.edu.au/public/?module=News

ztrask02

Professional Expert
HSC
Thanks guys.

It just hit me as I read your replies that if I wasn't so lazy, I could've found out myself. But thats just not as good as being spoon-fed.
Cheers.

ngocdang

2nd Yr BIT @ UTS
HSC
Hi all,
Im the 2006 President for BiG- my apologies for not providing a link to our website on the Chrissy card, it occured to us when they came back from the printers =|
Though we're glad you liked them- personally i felt pretty damn special when i received one last year.

As mentioned above by Pauline and Jeza,
BiG is an IT club consisting mainly of BIT students- though we welcome all IT students :)
Due to Industry placements- 1st and 3rd yrs are never at uni together.
So BiG is an excellent way for 1st year BITs to mingle with the 2nd and 3rd yrs.

Hope all were pleased with your HSC results, and we look forward to seeing you guys next year!!!

PS- dont forget to look out for the BiG stand at O-week and join up!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)