What is considered a good final rank? (1 Viewer)

volition

arr.
HSC
I guess it would also depend on what school you achieve this rank at.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
What about a mid 300 ranked school? Classes varying from 8 to 63..

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
if you're pretty serious, then for a class of eight I'd being going for top two or three, class of 20- top 4, class of 40- top 10...etc. This is purely my own opinion, and of course it is different from school to school.

nwatts

HSC
A good rank will come from the satisfaction of you knowing you've tried your hardest.

I don't want to rip into you, but this is a pretty silly question.

wanton-wonton

HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
1st?

Top 5?

Top 10?

:S
nwatts said:
A good rank will come from the satisfaction of you knowing you've tried your hardest.

What sort of stupid dumbass question is that alissa?!?!

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
nwatts said:

I don't think it's a silly question, as much as it might seem obvious to you, i (obviously) am not as clued up. Plus, after a poor trials result i'm scraping the barrel for some re-assurance.

I initially thought that a good rank in any subject was top 3. But now i know differently. Even though i look like a n00b, i gained something from asking such a silly question :p

I haven't tried my hardest, that's why i want to know what a good rank is, theoretically speaking.

nwatts

HSC
Theoretically, there's no such thing. If you're in a class of 10 students, all of whom are 0.2 marks away from eachother, ranking means a tonne of nothing. If you're in a class of 10 students, and you're at the top averaging 20%, it still means nothing.

It is totally and utterly dependent on your ability and the ability of other students in your class. Which is why asking such a question on public forum is kind of dumb. No one (unless your teachers) will know what is a good rank for you.

Btw, what school do you go to?

nwatts

HSC
Ah, my brother (Yr9) is at Bulli High (we actually live in Bulli).

I go to ICS in Cordeaux Hts.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
As nwatts said, the rankings themselves as physical numbers are unimportant. It's the gap between you and the people in front of you that matters most. A "good rank" in my opinion is one that you are happy with...one that you know you achieved to the best of your ability.

Right now your focus should be on the upcoming HSC exams. If you perform well come October then you'll probably have forgotten you even asked this question :)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Just try your best to get the best rank you can
Thats all you can do
If your trials are your last assessment, they will contribute to it so try and do well in them Alyssa
Congrats in coming 1st in IPT -there u go -uv got ur number 1 rank for IPT :)

HSC
for me a good final rank is to keep everything within top 10, mind you there's 500 people in my year so i'm up against more people its alot harder to be at the top :(

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
nwatts said:
Ah, my brother (Yr9) is at Bulli High (we actually live in Bulli).

I go to ICS in Cordeaux Hts.
Poor kid. Good luck to him :p I dunno, Bulli students are generally unbeknown to the rest of society. Must be annoying to go to ICS every day though..

goan_crazy said:
Just try your best to get the best rank you can
Thats all you can do
If your trials are your last assessment, they will contribute to it so try and do well in them Alyssa
Congrats in coming 1st in IPT -there u go -uv got ur number 1 rank for IPT
:p Thanks! Yeah, i am trying.. but i think i could of tried harder.. just disapointed.. thats all. I was ranking top 3 in most subjects before the trials, but now they've dropped considerably.

I guess there isn't much i can do, but try for the HSC. Thanks for the support/advice :) Much appreciated!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Casmira said:
for me a good final rank is to keep everything within top 10, mind you there's 500 people in my year so i'm up against more people its alot harder to be at the top :(
Whoa, that's crazy. 500 students in one grade? How big is your school? It must have around 3000 students! My own grade only has 116.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)