What is Physics like? (1 Viewer)

Resource

HSC
Ok well, in regards to picking my subjects, I have never really considered choosing Physics. I personally think the little I have heard about it sounds really boring and dull. I am a very maths and science orientated person and will most likely be taking prelim chem and bio next year (as well as Ext 1 maths). Well anyway, my question is, what is good/interesting about Physics? People often assume I'd be interested in it because of my mathematical aptitude but I thought it didn't involve THAT much maths at all. So anyway, why do you like Physics or dislike it?

HSC
i liked phys in the earlier years but i hhaaaaaaaaaaaaatttee it in year 12 the only things i look forward to doing are the take home tasks where you get to teach yourself something new and make something exciting :D

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Physics isn't too math orientated. People who did general maths can do physics. There's nothing like differentiation and integration (2u), it is mostly just adding, subtracting, multiplying and re arranging.

HSC
but there are a shat load of equations to remember and they all look the same so for me it's confusing : /

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You don't really need to know any equations - they are all given. The ones in HSC aren't that difficult.

If you didn't do 3U+, the only thing that will be a bit challenging would be projectile motion but otherwise, general maths will be fine.

iEatOysters

HSC
Well, I don't do physics so I can't really say much. From what I've heard, there isn't that much of a mathematical component in physics. The person topping our grade at physics has actually dropped maths. (iirc)

michelleeeee

HSC
Personally I really do enjoy physics, the maths is pretty basic and nothing too complex. My school got to go to Lunar park for our excursion so that was a plus as well

Study notes

HSC
I personally don't like physics. I do regret taking it up and the only reason I did pick it was because I did ext.1 maths and thought it would help me. It didn't :p

Maybe take a look at the topics in prelim physics, borrow a textbook or something and just have a look over it and decide whether or not you actually want to learn those stuff and if you would be able to handle it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)