What is 'rep power'? (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
The caption under your username is determined solely by your post count.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Also, why is it that people's rep bars cap at the light green bar and some people (only 2 i've seen so far) go to that gold bar. To get to that gold bar do you skip all the other light green bars?

tsdylan

HSC
ummm I changed from 'New Member' to 'Cadet' the other day, can someone explain to me why?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Because you achieved an outstanding post count of 32

tsdylan

HSC
ohhhh alright i get it now, whats the highest one anyways? moderator?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Also, why is it that people's rep bars cap at the light green bar and some people (only 2 i've seen so far) go to that gold bar. To get to that gold bar do you skip all the other light green bars?
Generally The more rep you have, the more rep it takes to get to the next bar. Light Green is just means you've gotten enough to get to that point. The same with gold. It's just easier to read than just a straight one colour bar and it makes it simpler for users to know when they reach a certain amount of rep.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
ohhhh alright i get it now, whats the highest one anyways? moderator?
Mod sits outside the system. You can't reach mod level.

There's a list of titles somewhere, but I can't find it in my phone.

Length of time on the site may also influence rep. At least, it used to. I haven't checked for this system.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Generally The more rep you have, the more rep it takes to get to the next bar. Light Green is just means you've gotten enough to get to that point. The same with gold. It's just easier to read than just a straight one colour bar and it makes it simpler for users to know when they reach a certain amount of rep.
Yeah...But like you and so many other people have the same rep bar, no one has more except for the 2 people who have the gold bar. It's like it caps of at your rep bar.

enoilgam

HSC
Mod sits outside the system. You can't reach mod level.
We are anointed in a sacred ceremony, immediately after being selected. The selection process is marked by a gathering of existing mods, where white doves are released immediately after someone has been selected for elevation to Moderator status. You should see it some time, it really is quite special.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah...But like you and so many other people have the same rep bar, no one has more except for the 2 people who have the gold bar. It's like it caps of at your rep bar.
I don't think it's a cap. There's definitely a bigger jump in the rep points needed between light green and regular green boxes. And because the systems fairly new, maybe no one has reached the second light green box requirements yet.

The ones on gold manually set them at gold. Because they're admin. And they do stuff like that. Because they can.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I don't think it's a cap. There's definitely a bigger jump in the rep points needed between light green and regular green boxes. And because the systems fairly new, maybe no one has reached the second light green box requirements yet.

The ones on gold manually set them at gold. Because they're admin. And they do stuff like that. Because they can.
Hahaha

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah know that much.... And one bar equates to x reps?? That's what I was meaning... :)
Also, just on this, rep power is determined by some combination of posts, length of time, and rep received.

Mine is an anomaly though, it's set at 20 because I'm a SMod.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)