What is so special about James Ruse or any other selective? (1 Viewer)

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
James Ruse has literally nothing on The Highschool Affiliated to Renmin University of China (RDFZ). Nothing.
Ruse isn't far behind tho, in terms of international Olympiad results. Plus, I don't think RDFZ has ever produced a first in the whole world :)

Pretty impressive given that Chinese students can study solely for the Olympiads for the year leading up to it, whereas Australian students have to continue with normal school work.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I have been in 2 schools in highschool, I spent my first 2 years in a good public school (Epping boys) and currently in Sydney boys (Yr 11 atm).

I can tell you that the difference between a low ranking school compared to a high ranking one, especially Sydney Boys, is a world's difference. I was top 3-5 during my time in Epping Boys High and first year at Sydney Boys High, I ranked average.

Everything is better in every way, the people in my school atm are some of the brightest people I have ever known. Pride.

Don't down play and underestimate the top 5/6 selective schools. I used to but I have been humbled by my experiences.
Why didn't you try out for north sydney boys?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I did try out in year 8, it involved a english and maths exam. I was too dumb to pass it and so I didn't try again.

I got into Sydney Boys due to my straight A report, sport and co curricular activities (I was heavily involved in leadership, charity & community service).

My brother also used to be in Sydney Boys as well. Sydney High is more like a selective / private school according to people, I haven't been in a private school, so wouldn't know.
Yeah coz you have to pay $2000 a year on school fees and do saturday sport. Does Sydney girls operate the same way as Sydney boys?

Lol I'm a shitcunt, tried out for fort street last year and didn't manage to get in. Sadly I'm in year 11 and therefore cannot get in any longer

braintic

HSC
N/A
Just pointing out the answer to a question that arose which no one gave the answer to. The school which topped the state before James Ruse was Sydney Grammar. But Grammar only had the number one position due to the ridiculous reporting system at the time. It most likely would have been Ruse topping the state going back even further in time had the current system been in place.

andrew12678

HSC
Just pointing out the answer to a question that arose which no one gave the answer to. The school which topped the state before James Ruse was Sydney Grammar. But Grammar only had the number one position due to the ridiculous reporting system at the time. It most likely would have been Ruse topping the state going back even further in time had the current system been in place.
I've heard they used to make poor performing students do the HSC under other schools so they didn't count to overall cohort performance. Just a rumor, might be wrong, maybe someone else can confirm?

braintic

HSC
N/A
I've heard they used to make poor performing students do the HSC under other schools so they didn't count to overall cohort performance. Just a rumor, might be wrong, maybe someone else can confirm?
They can't / couldn't do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)