what is your 1st car and how much did it cost (1 Viewer)

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
'97 Toyota Starlet.
Dark Green, Tinted Windows, CD Player and just over 200K Kms. for $5k.
Only 1.3L straight 4, so no power at all, but its heaps cheap on petrol.
Put 15" alloys on it, I love it

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
My first was an '89 Mazda 323 (Shades) Was in awesome nic, etc, spent $3000 on it. I'd still be in love with it today if someone hadn't of rear-ended me at high speed and written it off.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Yay!
Finally bought myself a car, a manual 1996 Toyota Corolla Seca, has air con, powersteering, central locking and power mirrors. 204k kms The condition was extremely tidy. Twas $5725, bargained down to $5,500 (from $5,990) with some added tax onto it from the govt (not stamp duty). Colour is pale metallic blue.

tennille

HSC
2003 Toyota Echo hatchback for $10K.

Only had 15 000 km, black, auto, power steering, air conditioning.

Rotiane

HSC
My First car was a 1995 Honda Integra VTiR bought for $25,500 in December 1999 a week before Christmas. It came lowered with sound system and chrome rims also shaved wing immaculate looking. It was such a pretty car. The car cost me alot in speeding tickets and fender benders. One fender bender I had a friend of a friend work on. he had his own shop and all but returned it with a cracked firewall. He must have taken it out and thrashed it, stepping on he clutch and gas so hard it cracked the metal wall between the driver and the engine making rain com in on the driver side bay. It also had a cool number plate VTI-007 I sold it while on a trip to England.

dont ever lend your car to anyone even a mechanic unless your sure the guy has his head on. Learn to judge wether someone has their head on or it'll cost you heaps.

The car was a cop magnet in the end and unless driven like a cop is always there tickets come easily.

It was heaps fast in its powerband it can get you to 60km/h very quickly. It could do 120km/h in second gear oh and its a manual.

Good luck on buying your first car.

spangacrab

HSC
Bloody hell, you all private school kids with ya squillions of dollars. 85 RB gemini - $250.

fai69

HSC
My first car was a honda crv,now im cruising around in a brand new mazda 3 :)

Rotiane

HSC
Pre 2000 Patrician Brothers College Fairfield is not the Private school that housed kids with squillions of dollars. Although it looks heaps better now. I am not a Kid with Squillions of dollars I worked really hard to make a buck alot of the time I worked overtime to make ends meet. I aspire to work overtime but for better money. The money came from a trustfund from a settlement from being hit by a car when I was 6; money in savings accounts really do increase with time with almost complete certainty take my word for it. Not all young ones with hotted up cars are drug dealers or kids with squillions of dollars.

-Chris

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
ashraf91 said:
btw im no rich kid, i live in theghetto mtdruitt, only ma parents thought i deverve it cause i hve no life, study and cars is ma life right now, i also hve a nitro car, dats my hobby its alwaiz with me in the car weneva im bored hahhahahhahaha
hahahahaha

CieL

HSC
ashraf91 said:
im still on my Ls and i jst got ma dad 2 buy me a manual 96 model supra, had 2 remove turbos, got it 16gz, 50 000 ks, perfect condition.
i love ma dad
ROFL. You do realise you've got the slowest fuck of a Supra now, right?

lengy

HSC
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE POINT OF BUYING THE SUPRA THEN?!!! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BASTARDISE IT?! GET A FUCKING 'FTO' AND BODYkIT IT TO LOOK LIKE A SUPRA INSTEAD OF FUCKING IT OVER AND REMOVING THE TURBOS!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
kols_kebabs said:
Anyone who can afford over $10000 for their first car at 17/18 is a spoiled prick. This means you.

My parents have always offered to pay half of my first car, but on principle I won't. Regardless, I'd rather a $5000 motorcycle than a $10000 car.
but whats so bad about buying a $10000 car that you pay for it yourself...like working your ass off for it
ive got a friend that bought a r32 skyline for $12500, and he paid every cent for that skyline
that doesnt mean hes spoiled does he?

Legham

HSC
kols_kebabs said:
Anyone who can afford over $10000 for their first car at 17/18 is a spoiled prick. This means you.
People can earn money themselves, douche :/

CieL

HSC
bshoc said:
... or just buy an NA Supra ..
Exactly my point, now his Supra is slower than a n/a Supra.
All show no go!

Anyways, Kebab is just jealous.

An impreza rx isnt a flash car.. it's like buying a corolla ultima for your kids.. I don't know where you're from, but where I am, flash is called buying your kids M3s, 5-series, VW R32s.. I'll even include the typeS if you haven't heard of the previous models

I seriously don't care if his parents bought him an RX, it seems reasonable to me. I would rather borrow money from my parents to buy myself a decent little new car [that's going to obviously be over $10k already], then pay my parents in weekly/fortnightly/monthly installments. Saves me the hassle of wasting any extra time and money spent on a bomb if it decides to die on me. And being a uni student that works, time is an important issue, and I'd rather have a reliable mode of transport [public transport is crapola in my area], that would get me from A to B without trouble.

I'm not saying all cars under 10k will cause you trouble, but imo, the percentage of risk is far greater for the average person.

I wont be fk'd going into the law, but if you buy second hand from a dodgy person, there's more issues that may also arise.

All in all.. [I think I've gone off the track here].. is that Kebab doesn't have a car to himself and is venting it off.. you can't call everyone that owns a $10k+ car to be a spoilt prick.. it's too much of a generalisation.. like fuck, I don't want to spend $5k on a car that lasts a year, and that I've spent another $5k trying to fix it up.. For our age, a car is a major investment that is usually for the long term.. It evens out in the long run anyway..

lengy

HSC
I disagree. I intend to be driving my first car for a while. I don't have money to be throwing around changing cars at whatever takes my fucking fancy. The only reason to change cars is if it breaks down or gets written off.

People get bought new cars because their parents feel it will be an investment that they will keep for a while. Safety and reliability being important which is what new cars are for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)