What is your motivation? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
My motivation works... until I screw up. But that's more because I'm stupid

Anyway, I can't see any other reasons strong enough to force me to do work or study when I don't want to.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
The two teddy bears I have. One big, one small. They are like good friends, who I often neglect. They represent warmth and love, from some people far away.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
my motivation is to BE BETTER THAN ALL THE RESTTTTTTT.
so you wanna be a master? pokemon
do you have the skills to be . NUMBER ONE :)

k.

HSC
N/A
vulgarfraction said:
My motivation works... until I screw up. But that's more because I'm stupid {sic}

Anyway, I can't see any other reasons strong enough to force me to do work or study when I don't want to.
Sounds good.
This is pretty much the same for me.

Also, motivation = to live up to something or other, family, 'pokememon master', 'pride', etc.
Typical pretexts (?) that people use.

booties4

HSC
Being awed upon by my mum's friends when she tells them my marks/UAI........they all have kids same age as me and they are all competitive bitches!

HSC
Ahhh....my motivation comes in a few forms.
1. I want to beat all those smart people who make me feel stupid for not being the best like they are.
2. I want to beat my sister's and brother's UAI.
3. I want to prove to everyone who ever thought I would never excel, that I can.
4. I want to be able to say to myself that I have done my BEST.
5. Many more options are opened for me if I do well.

sleepplease

HSC
Motivations.

1. Make my parents proud for the last two years (unfortunately means getting a UAI of +99)
2. get a scholarship into Law because I cannot cannot cannot afford uni, and no hex scares me because how am I going to afford to support myself, pay rent, pay off hex, go back to france to visit my family there, go on NGO study tours to Africa... see. it doesnt work. I need scholarships :(
3. I would love to spend a year at Oxford or Cambridge.
4. Make my teachers happy
5. Not disappoint anyone.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
sleepplease said:
Motivations.

1. Make my parents proud for the last two years (unfortunately means getting a UAI of +99)
2. get a scholarship into Law because I cannot cannot cannot afford uni, and no hex scares me because how am I going to afford to support myself, pay rent, pay off hex, go back to france to visit my family there, go on NGO study tours to Africa... see. it doesnt work. I need scholarships :(
I like your username. It's lyke a constant reminder for me (and possibly many others seeking a positive change).

PrettyVacant

HSC
Actually living up to my nerd title motivates me.

I mean, a nerd cannot fail unless it is PD/H/PE (which by the way, I got a B for in the SC).

:D

sleepplease

HSC
tlodg said:
I like your username. It's lyke a constant reminder for me (and possibly many others seeking a positive change).
Funnily enough I quite like yours too - it makes me laugh to try and say it. :D

Why though, I must ask, do you write "Lyke" ... it has the same number of letters as like (which would be incorrect in that context anyway, but at least it would be a slight improvement!)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I came first for PE ;)

Anyways, my main motivation is to beat my friends, and prove those who don't believe in me wrong :)

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
PrettyVacant said:
Actually living up to my nerd title motivates me.

I mean, a nerd cannot fail unless it is PD/H/PE (which by the way, I got a B for in the SC).

:D
when exams approach i think as though i take on everyone advancewarsds style and i am 40% more brilliant than the average yr12 at my school (which i am).

then i thinks everyone is a medium tank who dares oppose me and i am a neotank and i smash them down to low health with good marks and then i smile ... otherwise if i didnt deal enough damage with poor marks i frown.... this is a metaphor of my motivation on exams.

HSC
N/A
sleepplease said:
Motivations.

Wow, that's almost the same as myself. You've set yourself on quite a road there, sleepplease, and I wish you good luck with this goal.

Point 2 isn't making too much sense. I'm sorry; I do not understand the essence of it.

PS: Harvard Law School is better than Oxford or Cambridge.

My motivators
1) Equal, and, if it is physically possible at all, beat the scores of my elders; obtain a higher UAI than everyone else, and to a lesser extent, prove to myself that my school does not suck, can get UAI's of 100, or whatever.
2) Get the courses that I want/need; get the scholarship that I want and need.
3) Optimally, study abroad.
4) Not disappoint anyone. This is along the same lines as 'impress parents', 'impress parents, so that they can gloat about it', etc.
5) Cure myself (of my neurosis).
6) More.

HSC
N/A
PrettyVacant said:
It's 'cause I failed the depression test.
Fear not, for I thoroughly failed PDHPE, with a lovely Pass grade, and E.:)
(It's not important, not a subject, so why should I care? But in reality, I did try; I'm just inept at sport.)

sleepplease

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Point 2 isn't making too much sense. I'm sorry; I do not understand the essence of it.

PS: Harvard Law School is better than Oxford or Cambridge.
Point 2: I do not see how uni is economically viable for myself without a scholarship. I will be supporting myself, working whilst at uni, trying to pay of hex at the same time. I will be trying to save enough money to visit my family in france and to participate on some trips to areas of Africa taht NGO's im involved in are located. To do all this I need money. I don't have that much money. Thus I need a scholarship. To get a scholarship I need sexy marks. Thus it is motivation for a good UAI.

P.S. fine. I'll get a year scholarship to Harvard :) .... :( *hard*

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
  1. Beating the people who always get first, and who always acts superior to others
  2. Getting a good UAI
  3. Making my parents proud
  4. Knowing that if i do good, i've beaten the teachers attempts to try to pull down my marks, that i've beaten people's bias towards the "smart" kids.
That is my motivation. That is what will keep me focued. Its gone on for too long now. Its my time to shine.

hitsugaya

HSC
my prime motivation is to get a UAI of at least 85. my parents would be happy if i got that.

ForgetReality

HSC
My motivation is not wanting to lose to this (rather smart) boy who is in all my classes, who made a bet that he would do better in his HSC than I would. WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER!!

ccc123

HSC
Although i am self-motivated, i have to admit that a burning desire to beat my genius friend in everything serves as a key motivation for me....there's also this other girl in my english class that i am in constant and fierce competition with. Since i find the prospect of doing worse then her immeasurably ignominious, she also motivates me to achieve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)