... what kind of music do you listen to while studying? (1 Viewer)

F.O.B.

Right this requires patience and a high pain threshold. Get a copy of velvet underground's "white light/white heat", play "the gift" and put it on repeat.

After a while you won't hear it any more but you're still 'listening' to it, get it? good.

Now study whatever subject u want and when when u take a break try to see if u can recite the lyrics, if not, lather rinse repeat.

When u're in the exam room and doing the actual exam play the song in your mind and hey presto everything you studied will come flooding back!

*CAUTION* It will stay in ur head, u will not be able to escape, u might go insane. Too high a price to pay for UAI glory? U be the judge.

Last edited:

Hi Nu Gundam

黄金聖闘士ハイニ ー
HSC
Originally posted by Confuzzled?!

ahhh..huh?

all i can say in jap is
'sa i go no, ki su wa ta ba...go no flava gah na shida, nika ku te sei su a ki o ko ri....a ta sha ma..' something or rather... that 'first love' song by Utadi Hikaru or something along those lines. lol.
i want to learn jap! .....yet parents own a jap teppan-yaki restau. lol...

i want to learn jap!!! i used to be able to say "where's the bus?
Doku e...soemthing! i think...hehehehe :p
expose yourself CONTINUOUSLY to Japanese things and words and phrases, and you'll pick it up pretty alright. buying a dictionary helps speed the process up too. just try to pick out key words that you keep hearing over and over, and look them up, and stuff like that

Confuzzled?!

HSC
Originally posted by Hi Nu Gundam

expose yourself CONTINUOUSLY to Japanese things and words and phrases, and you'll pick it up pretty alright. buying a dictionary helps speed the process up too. just try to pick out key words that you keep hearing over and over, and look them up, and stuff like that
what? listen to jap music 24/7? lol.....but i love michelle branch!!! lol.
:p

i think i had a dictionary...or maybe that was an italian dictionary....lol!!!!

i've got a "learn japanese" cd rom..will use it after HSC :D

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i would very much like to learn another language... japanese looks too hard :( i did it in year 7, and aren't there like 2 or 3 alphabets for it?

i think french or spanish, because alot of countries outside the country of origin also use it.

2 alphabets plus additional characters called "kanji".

i was so bad at french when i did it in junior skewl. I'd like to do Greek and Latin cos of the whole etymology - origin of words - deal.

Hi Nu Gundam

黄金聖闘士ハイニ ー
HSC
Originally posted by Confuzzled?!

what? listen to jap music 24/7? lol.....but i love michelle branch!!! lol.
:p

i think i had a dictionary...or maybe that was an italian dictionary....lol!!!!

i've got a "learn japanese" cd rom..will use it after HSC :D
those things don't really help that much, from what I saw from one of those books in a bookstore. but I guess every bit helps, whether you'll be applying it alot or not. it's recognising certain kanjis that would be there, and be in other important words that really matter

hmm...need a katakana dictionary for all those supposed non-english foreign words that exist...I'm not going to learn another language yet again. rather finish with japanese first

btw, j-pop 24/7 ain't that bad after the first 3 months. it's going to karaoke and not being able to sing some of your favorite stuff because you can't read the kanji without the furigana that's on the screen. those are nasty

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i'd love to learn japanese, i know french enough to get by...well actually i know it too well.....stupid HSC.

my school's so scabby it doesnt do jap other wise i'd have dropped maths n done it...hell i'd have dropped french to do it!

my total jap amounts to the kanji for idiot, being able to abuse someone in jap when i can actually think of it and the numbers....thats about it...

french is so crap...i suck at it my speaking it tres mauvais!

Confuzzled?!

HSC
Originally posted by Mordenkainen
S.H.E's first two albums were nice to listen to while studying
very soothing :D
??

i've got a couple of Speed's album from when i was in taiwan...only $5 aussie money! HAHAHHAHAA. New one too :)
got utadi/a hikaru..duno what else..i had K-pop..H.O.T..i think i sold to a friend. lol. speaking of sold..i dun think she's returned the VCD to me...aii yaaaa

wanton-wonton

HSC
kyoto said:
Jin just wanted to know what sort of music yall like to listen to while studying, or none or whatever...

personally jin listens to classic J-rock, but hes weird :p

Also, jins has a page of deviantart if anyone is want to look?

http://orochi-jin.deviantart.com/gallery

Jin understands this is not what school thread is for, but does anyone really look at entertainment thread?

-jin~
I think only fags speak in third person. :)

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i generally listen to whatever catches my attention. music always helps me study so it doesnt have to be a particular type... anything i like to listen to helps

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
When I actually attempt to study I try not listening to music because its just another form of distraction I have to deal with. So Ill be sittin there reading over an English story or sumthin, and then I wont like the song on, so Ill have to find one I do like and then I forget all about English...
So no music for me...when I attempt to study that is...

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
im really good with not getting distracted if there's music on. The tv, now thats a different story, but Delta Goodrem (obviously) is the only thing i can listen too while i study. Im finding that i cant study without her voice!!!! sometimes i sing along, but i can write/study and sing at the same time. ;)

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Confuzzled?! said:
ahhh..huh?

all i can say in jap is
'sa i go no, ki su wa ta ba...go no flava gah na shida, nika ku te sei su a ki o ko ri....a ta sha ma..' something or rather... that 'first love' song by Utadi Hikaru or something along those lines. lol.
I remember Utada Hikaru! Yes, foreign music used to be good for me, because I didn't sing along to it so much, and I wouldn't get that distracted. Now I'm into film music, and ABC Classic FM (I don't sing along)...

volition

arr.
HSC
Yeah I find that not listening to music is the easiest option for studying efficiently, however I do occasionally play some internet stream music (Classical or Jazz streams, occasionally even trance or vocal trance streams). In my opinion if you want to be studying as effectively as possible, DON'T listen to music while you study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)