What language are you studying? (2 Viewers)

souli

HSC
haha yeah it’s pretty obvious

but no I just do it for fun + so I’m not left out of conversations with relatives and so I can converse when I’m in Greece … it would’ve been interesting though to do it for hsc
that's fair, i feel like it would be sad not knowing ur native language tbh.. honestly i reckon u should've done it through school bcs its pretty easy but the hard part is when you have to vs the imports on the HSC. 🤷‍♀️
It's always hilarious seeing the shock on people's faces when you start speaking Greek in Greece o_O like what did you expect?? Plus there's the shopping rizz when you go shopping which is the best...
"...this bag, i give you good price because you are a pretty girl.. 50 euros.."
"ti eipes? 50 evro???"
"aah.. you are Greek, why you not tell me earlier? I do 2 euros for you!!"

Are you gonna join Hellsoc in uni?

i wish my school offered the language i spoke at home 💔
what language is it?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
i know some russian because i've been self-studying since year 9 (forgot a bit of it though since i kinda stopped to focus on hsc, picking it up again soon) and some tagalog :jump: i'm studying spanish too but progress is a bit slower for that

year10studentpreparin

HSC
i know some russian because i've been self-studying since year 9 (forgot a bit of it though since i kinda stopped to focus on hsc, picking it up again soon) and some tagalog :jump: i'm studying spanish too but progress is a bit slower for that
nice thats good

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
How have you self studied?? that's crazy learning a whole language on your own.. do you use duolingo?
for russian, i started with duolingo to learn basic vocab and basic grammar, then kinda got bored halfway through cos it felt a bit repetitive and tedious. i moved to learning russian books (🏴‍☠️ most of them as pdfs though cos i'm poor) and watching shows in russian (with subs)

souli

HSC
Mainly because of my family (greek + filo) so I can communicate with the older peeps who barely speak english but I like to learn both especially so I wont get bored of learning one only
I think I can pretty much converse with anyone from both backgrounds which is good enough for me tbh
woah greek and filo mix is pretty rare tbh

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
that's fair, i feel like it would be sad not knowing ur native language tbh.. honestly i reckon u should've done it through school bcs its pretty easy but the hard part is when you have to vs the imports on the HSC. 🤷‍♀️
It's always hilarious seeing the shock on people's faces when you start speaking Greek in Greece o_O like what did you expect?? Plus there's the shopping rizz when you go shopping which is the best...
"...this bag, i give you good price because you are a pretty girl.. 50 euros.."
"ti eipes? 50 evro???"
"aah.. you are Greek, why you not tell me earlier? I do 2 euros for you!!"

Are you gonna join Hellsoc in uni?

what language is it?
🤣🤣🤣 yeah exactly price changes from tourist to local price

I think I’ll join next year yeah, you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)