What licenses do I need to prepare during my b.eco to be competitive for graduate job (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
So currently im doing a bachelor of economics at USYD. I will be majoring in finance and economics. However I "might" major in accounting just for that little extra job prospect.
Also planning to do my honors year.

So the areas I would like to work in later are in order:

1. Big 4 finance
2. RBA economics
3.Corporate finance any mid tier firm
4.accounting (would not really like it that much tbh)

Anyway I understand how competitive it is in my field of study. As a result I was wondering and have researched some qualifications/licenses that would help me such as the CFA, CPA/CA.

So what licenses can I work towards/finish during my time at university if there is any.

I really need a leg up and I would highly appreciate any good information to help me grab the job aftter I graduate.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Re: What licenses do I need to prepare during my b.eco to be competitive for graduate

Um those 'licenses' are attained post graduation of the undergraduate degree in conjunction with real work experience, not during your undergraduate degree lol. You need to do some more research brah... :D

Last edited:

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: What licenses do I need to prepare during my b.eco to be competitive for graduate

Um those 'licenses' are attained post graduation of the undergraduate degree in conjunction with real work experience, not during your undergraduate degree lol. You need to do some more research brah... :D
but is there even any I can get during uni?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad

Most of these are considered to be post-grad style degrees, if you will.

For example, a CPA/CA in accounting is kind of like doing a masters degree at uni.

Basically, to be allowed to earn them, you have to have successfully completed a degree first.

And for CA for example, there are requirements for students such as completing specific degrees, majors and subjects. You can see the PDF here: http://www.charteredaccountants.com...Program/Entry-requirements/Accredited-courses

You also have to be working for 17.5 hours a week in a relevant job (ie as an accountant) and have a CA mentor. One of the girls here is having CA call up continuously about her application because our business doesn't have CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS in the title. They're being quite nasty about it.

Basically, you need to research that you will need to be eligible to complete these degrees and ensure you meet them before you apply, but there isn't any way to jump ahead, as it were.

Kurby

HSC
N/A

CFA would help like equity research type of roles and looking at the statistics, its bloody difficult to actually pass all 3 exams and "get" the CFA

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

but is there even any I can get during uni?
No. You're not expected to either.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

So currently im doing a bachelor of economics at USYD. I will be majoring in finance and economics. However I "might" major in accounting just for that little extra job prospect.
Also planning to do my honors year.

So the areas I would like to work in later are in order:

1. Big 4 finance
2. RBA economics
3.Corporate finance any mid tier firm
4.accounting (would not really like it that much tbh)

Anyway I understand how competitive it is in my field of study. As a result I was wondering and have researched some qualifications/licenses that would help me such as the CFA, CPA/CA.

So what licenses can I work towards/finish during my time at university if there is any.

I really need a leg up and I would highly appreciate any good information to help me grab the job aftter I graduate.
Big 4 audit (which i assume not because of your accounting comments) or big 4 banks? There is a difference.

You have basically listed 3 different fields, accounting, finance and economics. Each require different qualifications, a big 4 audit would want you to get a CA, not a CFA for example.

Try this https://www.google.com.au/ and do some research yourself instead of relying on everyone else for all of your questions, if you still don't understand people would be happy to help.

Examine

same
HSC

Big 4 audit (which i assume not because of your accounting comments) or big 4 banks? There is a difference.

You have basically listed 3 different fields, accounting, finance and economics. Each require different qualifications, a big 4 audit would want you to get a CA, not a CFA for example.

Try this https://www.google.com.au/ and do some research yourself instead of relying on everyone else for all of your questions, if you still don't understand people would be happy to help.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Drifting95 again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)