what marks (1 Viewer)

mandemindiguise

HSC
hi sorry if this is a dumb question, but what marks should one be consistently getting to possibly get a 99+ Atar? i understand that it depends on the subject, scaling. my subjects are modern history, pdhpe, adv math, adv eng, chemistry and biology
my marks this first term have been alright, so far 84% eng, 90% mod hsie, and 98% math
im just wondering what i should be consistently getting in order to achieve my goal

WeiWeiMan

HSC
hi sorry if this is a dumb question, but what marks should one be consistently getting to possibly get a 99+ Atar? i understand that it depends on the subject, scaling. my subjects are modern history, pdhpe, adv math, adv eng, chemistry and biology
my marks this first term have been alright, so far 84% eng, 90% mod hsie, and 98% math
im just wondering what i should be consistently getting in order to achieve my goal
math adv 95-100% maybe

carrotsss

HSC
for your internals it can vary a lot by the difficulty of the tests set by your school but you should be focusing on rankings more so, and trying to get as close to first in your subjects as possible. the better you do the better though, having good internals makes life a lot easier in the hsc

mandemindiguise

HSC
for your internals it can vary a lot by the difficulty of the tests set by your school but you should be focusing on rankings more so, and trying to get as close to first in your subjects as possible. the better you do the better though, having good internals makes life a lot easier in the hsc
what if the cohort is really large? like my bio cohort alone was 200 students. does that make ranking more difficult

carrotsss

HSC
what if the cohort is really large? like my bio cohort alone was 200 students. does that make ranking more difficult
yeah if your school is high ranking and/or has more students then you don’t need to rank first as much. if you want a general sorta idea of how you’re going look at the number of b6 your school gets in each subject, and you want to ideally be ranking better than the number of b6 to get a 99+ atar

mandemindiguise

HSC
yeah if your school is high ranking and/or has more students then you don’t need to rank first as much. if you want a general sorta idea of how you’re going look at the number of b6 your school gets in each subject, and you want to ideally be ranking better than the number of b6 to get a 99+ atar
ohh okay, thnak u sm bro i appreciate it

Luukas.2

HSC
Carrotsss is right, it is rankings not marks that you need to focus on. My trial result in one subject was about twenty marks below my HSC result and moderated assessment because the exam was so difficult / challenging.

Also, for rankings, look at how many students there are who are really strong in your school cohort. Say there were ten people getting similar results and you are one of them, and then there is a bit of a gap to the next group. The danger is being last amongst that group, in which case one of them underperforming in the HSC can lead to your moderated assessment being adversely affected. Keeping yourself away from the bottom of the group that are your peers is far more important than being first. If you aren't in the top group, work to get amongst them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)