What on earth do you study for maths? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I know that you should do the past papers from previous Maths SC's but what are we supposed to study.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or study notes?
or something??

:) :)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I know that you should do the past papers from previous Maths SC's but what are we supposed to study.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or study notes?
or something??

:) :)
First of all, School Certificate is a useless thing if you plan to continue until the end of Year 12 so don't worry too much and enjoy Year 10 (last year of freedom).
Anyways, to study for SC Maths, it is best you do past papers as your Year 10 maths content is not covered throughout the exam. The SC Maths exam can be compared to Maths NAPLAN but a bit harder. Therefore, studying is not as effective as doing past papers.

What are you meant to study? Nothing really...
They even give you a formula sheet...

Doing past papers is a possible option... Personally, I think it is better if you learn ahead by starting some basic Year 11 work...
The HSC counts but the SC won't, remember that!

jnney

lemon
HSC
If you are already good at maths, don't bother lol. But if you want, you can do past papers. I never did. :p

starryblue

HSC
First of all, School Certificate is a useless thing if you plan to continue until the end of Year 12 so don't worry too much and enjoy Year 10 (last year of freedom).
Anyways, to study for SC Maths, it is best you do past papers as your Year 10 maths content is not covered throughout the exam. The SC Maths exam can be compared to Maths NAPLAN but a bit harder. Therefore, studying is not as effective as doing past papers.

What are you meant to study? Nothing really...
They even give you a formula sheet...

Doing past papers is a possible option... Personally, I think it is better if you learn ahead by starting some basic Year 11 work...
The HSC counts but the SC won't, remember that!
O-O they give u a formula sheet??!! seriously? what's the point then? >.>

HSC
Hahaha yeah they give you a formula sheet because they need to accomodate for those who seriously couldn't care less about maths.
Pretty much all it has on it is area formulas and cirumfrence and stuff.

I failed my maths trials!! (OMG OMG OMG) and that is why I need to know what we need to know!

Last edited:

starryblue

HSC
Hahaha yeah they give you a formula sheet because they need to accomodate for those who seriously couldn't care less about maths.
Pretty much all it has on it is area formulas and cirumfrence and stuff.

I failed my trials!! (OMG OMG OMG) and that is why I need to know what we need to know!
dw, 2day i failed my trials so badly DD: i've never done so bad...anyways, i bullshitted the whole paper since i really no idea..:L i got trials for maths soon D:

reality3435

HSC
How you study for maths is that you don't study. At least it works for me, like just do homework regularly and ensure that you know every point that's on the outcomes/syllabus but this is school cert, you should be fine.

sprinkles1

HSC
N/A
I found some topics on board of studies but yeah I think its general geometry/algebra/trig/surface area/vol stuff like that. :)
ps if someone responds/knows the answer to my question you do not know how happy I'll be!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
My school was dumb enough to leave the 2011 Maths SC paper in front of me in the staffroom, but i was too much of a chicken to look at it .. i regret it now *cries in a corner*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)