What OS are you currently using? (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
oh i also have linux mint installed never use it though i will get rid of it one of these days
You should. It's simple and faster than Windows (generally)... although Windows 7 competes with it for speed now. Also the fact that I hate the new menu layout of Windows 7 (the themes is kinda cool... and transparency settings are on/off kinda thing with me).

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lol, my laptop came with vista ultimate, ive had no problems with it so im sticking with it.

i had windows 7 beta for a week or so, but some stuff didnt work, so i went back to vista ultimate, then i later realised i had to reinstall drivers and stuff (silly me).
plus im now used to vista's setup, and i'd prefer not to have to re-learn an OS (even tho from 7beta ive found its not that insane to use).

i need to get xp (some cad software i need for uni doesnt work on vista), so i'll be making a small partition and putting xp on it, IF I CAN BE BOTHERED i might put windows 7 on another partition.

HSC
lol, my laptop came with vista ultimate, ive had no problems with it so im sticking with it.

i had windows 7 beta for a week or so, but some stuff didnt work, so i went back to vista ultimate, then i later realised i had to reinstall drivers and stuff (silly me).
plus im now used to vista's setup, and i'd prefer not to have to re-learn an OS (even tho from 7beta ive found its not that insane to use).

i need to get xp (some cad software i need for uni doesnt work on vista), so i'll be making a small partition and putting xp on it, IF I CAN BE BOTHERED i might put windows 7 on another partition.
why not get win 7 + xp?

it's not really quite difficult to learn about windows 7 and for the one i'm using, i really didn't find the need to install any driver besides the Nvidia one. :)

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
Desktop: Dual booting Snow Leopard (OSX) and Windows 7 (And no, it's not a mac)

Lappehs: Windows 7 | OSX Tiger | Debian Etchy

Servers: Debian Etchy | Windows Server 2008

Could go on but tme...

vds700

HSC
I read in an article that Windows 7 has a featurecalled Windows XP mode where you can run XP as a virtual OS which allows you to use programs which would have compatibility issues with windows 7.

Windows Virtual PC: Download

Last edited:

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A

windows 7 with Windows XP mode or compatibility mode

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
do games work with windows 7? (as in new releases and N64 emulator [pj64])

if so, i think i'll get windows 7 ultimate (if it exists) 64bit.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
do games work with windows 7? (as in new releases and N64 emulator [pj64])

if so, i think i'll get windows 7 ultimate (if it exists) 64bit.
I would get home premium there is really no point having the extra if you do not need thinks like bitlocker, unlike vista there is really not that many extras

Uncle

Banned
HSC
windows 95 re-skinned to windows 7

managed to procure enough hardware to upgrade.

fuck yeah im going to set the couch on fire with the pillows on it too.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
the thing is with windows 7 starter is that i don't even think you can change the wall paper and it has not glass look thing it is designed for netbooks mind you win 7 ultimate runs great on netbooks

chrisrules

HSC
Mac OSX Snow Leopard. :D

Might get a PC after HSC for hardcore gaming. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)