What other subjects could you do an Ext. on? (1 Viewer)

soras2

HSC
Hi! I've noticed some of us have been talking about what subjects will we be dropping and so on. I've just had a thought and i was wondering if there are other subjects beside English, Maths and History that you could do an extention? My economics told me that she did extention economics but i don't think that even exists anymore? Ah... i really want to pick up something else besides those 3 subjects because:

1. English isn't all the best for me right now, i don't know why must be because i'm slacking off too much but it's getting hard for me for some reason =( Currently doing Advance By the way.
2. I am already doing Ext. Maths and i dont know if i could actually go further and do ext.2 maths
3. I don't do history for one and plus i dont think im very good in that sector because i don't take much interest in that subject o_O

Ahh.. what to do i really want to drop music, and this is why i am wondering about this.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah they use to have 3 unit economics back in the days, which you rightfully said does not exist anymore.
how many units have you got? you could always pick up ext 2 maths and drop it if it feels too hard for you.
As for subjects which has extension, the only other subjects that i could think of are languages (ie chinese, japenese etc)

Zephyrio

HSC
Aside from maths, English and history, you've got the language extensions.

French, Mandarin, Latin, Classical Greek...

I wish I was doing French.

cs01001

HSC
They should make Economics a 3U subject.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
For year 11s, you can only take an extension on maths and English.

For year 12s, you can take maths/english extension 2, provided you have done year 11 extension and are continuing on with extension 1. You can also take an extension for history (regardless of whether you did ancient or modern) and for music and some languages (provided you took the highest level availible. For languages, its either background speakers or continuers but not beginners). Not for economics, sorry but they did have from 2000 back.

If you really love maths and you are really good at it then go ahead with mx2. :)

soras2

HSC
Jemsta; I do 12 units at the moment, i actually wished i did 13 units now so i wouldn't have such a problem with decisiding on what to drop or not. >.<

Zephyrio; Ahh me too! I wish i did a language aswell T.T"

cs01001; Yes i agree! I think they should still have kepts Economics a 3 unit subject and maybe even business studies aswell.

Sparcod; Hmm me do Ext.2 Mathematics? I don't know, i'm not too confident in me doing it because im not that smart o_O" lol. It's actually kind of appealing in it's ways but i don't think i can do it since ext.1 for me im just getting through it. Ahh i should stop being lazy ^^" hehe. I'm actually trying to drop music >.>"

Exphate; Does that mean there may be extention economics? o_O"

cccclaire

HSC
I wish they still had economics extension.
why did they get rid of it?

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Economics extension and Business extension would be awesome. I remember browsing through (the other) BOS in a free and stumbled across some old Eco Extension papers. They were insane, but still, I'd do it in a heart-beat.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
well seeing as though your not really into music, I guess ext. music ( is that what it's called or music 2 ? ) wouldn't be something you'd like to do. I think all the extentions may have been mentioned but I'm not quite sure yet ..

there used to be extension engineering - that would've been mad !

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'd wonder what History Extension 2 would be life if there was such thing :eek:

cs01001

HSC
Probably full on essays, lol

Board should make a course called Contemporary 21st Century Politics :rofl:

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
well seeing as though your not really into music, I guess ext. music ( is that what it's called or music 2 ? ) wouldn't be something you'd like to do. I think all the extentions may have been mentioned but I'm not quite sure yet ..

there used to be extension engineering - that would've been mad !
hehe yep! extension music is offered for those who are doing music 2 :)

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
cs01001 said:
Probably full on essays, lol

Board should make a course called Contemporary 21st Century Politics :rofl:
That'd be fun and entertaining :uhhuh:

cs01001

HSC
Ha, maybe Modern contains a bit about that. Would be interesting to discuss something like 'Do you believe the war in Iraq/Afaghanistan is justified, present your case of arguments....nuclear tensions between US and the 'Axis of Evil', foreign policies and stuff like that. International news/current affairs all fascinate me for some odd reasons. Maybe I am just a weirdo~ :)

soras2

HSC
Jachie; wow you saw 3 unit economics paper? ahh yeah i guess i could imagine how crazy it must look.

everyone; doesn't it just make you sad that theres no extention for some subjects that we all would've enjoyed?

cs01001

HSC
Yeah, if there were extension for some other subjects, than I wouldn't hesitate to drop one of my other 2U subjects.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)