What pisses you off about TV? (1 Viewer)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
In light of the article in this week's The Guide, what do commercial networks do that give you the shits? For me it's the chopping and changing of a TV show's scheduled times, and especially when they show a new episode, then the following week a repeat, then a new one! Like we won't notice???! This happened a lot with Friends and The Simpsons last yr. Also, (mainly channel 10 doing this), the misleading advertising of programs. I remember one episode of the Simpsons they go "the simpsons are lost" implying it would be a pisstake of Lost but no, it was nothing of the sort. And also their 5 odd weeks of advertising "girl on girl" for the OC when it wasn't. /rant So what pisses you guys off?

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i agree......i can't stand when they yank a program off the air and then put on repeats for the next 3 weeks and then put the new season back on......and then do it again the next month ! plus stupid ads....

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Shows running overtime *cough X - factor cough*

It gets really annoying when you want to watch something afterwards - and then everything after that show is delayed.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
What pisses me off about T.V. is that it exists.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
too much sexuality used in commercials
naked women and men
advertising things means we all of a suddne need to see women half naked in the shower etc
i hate it..

Trogie

HSC
Where do I start:

- Like everyones said, chopping and changing schedule times, everyone knows the stations are battling for ratings, but at least show some respect to the people you are trying to attract (channel 7 i'm talking to you)
- Advertising becoming more and more pervasive, not only do we have to sit thru longer ad breaks, we are forced to watch animations pop up during shows or listen to sports commentators reveal 'how much they love survivor palau'
- Ads targeting children, especially children with mobile phones, do you expect them to know that each logo costs $5.95?
- Another thing is choice of programming, why do well-written new shows get pushed back to midnight whilst some american garabage that couldve been written by an 8 year old is run at 7.30, one example that comes to mind was Arrested Development...a great show which suffered by being run in a late time slot
- If a new series doesn't rate well don't pull out after 3 weeks, geez give us some time to get into the show. Some of the most successful shows of the last 20 years all rated poorly in the first couple of seasons
- Since when were repeats known as 'encore screenings'?
- More importantly, who asked for this so-called encore screening?
- Reality TV! why are these shows still going? Australian Idol 3, Big Brother 5, Survivor 17, when will it ever end?
- For channel 7...No I don't know who the stalker is, no I don't want to guess who the stalker is, no I don't want to send the stalkers name by sms to 15122987646845, no I don't want a souvenir mug with the stalkers face on it...I don't care!

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i think the techonological capabilities of the tv itself are remarkable and in light of that I have no complaints at all :)

tempco

HSC
Trogie said:
- Since when were repeats known as 'encore screenings'?
- More importantly, who asked for this so-called encore screening?
- Reality TV! why are these shows still going? Australian Idol 3, Big Brother 5, Survivor 17, when will it ever end?
- For channel 7...No I don't know who the stalker is, no I don't want to guess who the stalker is, no I don't want to send the stalkers name by sms to 15122987646845, no I don't want a souvenir mug with the stalkers face on it...I don't care!
here here!

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Slide Rule said:
What pisses me off about T.V. is that it exists.
I second that... Bar the news it's all shit.... O.C, Summerland, One Tree Hill, the billions of people who tryout and watch those "Become a singer" shows... and ofcourse your choice of cooking, loose weight, "big brother" reality TV and home renovations shows... Good stuff free to air, keep the minds of the masses soft so they'll buy the shit you advertise -_-'....

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Lol, the only good thing about X Factor, Australian Idol, Popstars etc, is the beginning like 4 episodes when they show how crap all the people sing. LOL.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
All reality Tv Shows are really starting to piss me off... what is it like the 5th Big brother?? ... all these dumb new big brother adds that have Gretel talking with the stupid slogan for 05 .. .SHOWS RUNNING FREAKING OVER TIME so that you miss the next show, if on different channel .

THE ADS of course! ^_^ and as the 'guide' mentioned.... stupid cutting of the credits... if you wanna see who played who.. you cant.. its all squished.. and the DAMNED VOICE OVERS

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
the guy from rollercoaster which my sisters watch...really gets on my nerves...puts me off tv for the whole arvo...until simpsons is on anyways

<3 to simpsons
and <3 to oc

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
yenta said:
In light of the article in this week's The Guide, what do commercial networks do that give you the shits? For me it's the chopping and changing of a TV show's scheduled times, and especially when they show a new episode, then the following week a repeat, then a new one! Like we won't notice???! This happened a lot with Friends and The Simpsons last yr. Also, (mainly channel 10 doing this), the misleading advertising of programs. I remember one episode of the Simpsons they go "the simpsons are lost" implying it would be a pisstake of Lost but no, it was nothing of the sort. And also their 5 odd weeks of advertising "girl on girl" for the OC when it wasn't. /rant So what pisses you guys off?
Yeah, I agree. I reckon there's a bit of false advertising going on, like when they do one of those preview ads for Neighbours or something and they full make it out to look really good and everything e.g. you find out so and so's big secret next episode and then when you watch it, it doesn't happen until a few episodes later, or the so called "big secret" is nothing but a crappy little thing not even worth knowing.

But, yeah, that's my little rant for today.

J

jhakka

Is Summerland the one where the parents died and left the kids to some people without even telling them? How selfish is it to do that and then actually die?!

Meh, I don't watch TV.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I agree with Bunny04. Shows that run over time are so annoying.

Oh yeah, and the other thing that pisses me off about tv (or rather tv personalities) is Daryl Sommers a) trying to sing b) trying to be funny c) trying to immitate Paul McDermott. GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
I ABSOLUTELY HATE AXLE WHITEHEAD...

he gives me the shits for the entire morning everytime i see him on tv....his stupid hand gestures, his lame wigga attempt at being a homeboy and "down with the crew"....his stupid voices when he announces stuff...

now that Joel Turner has been recruited by 10 to go on video hits is just as bad.... he was doing the voiceover thingo for one of the prizepacks, that fool couldnt go a sentence without trying to sound like the Audio guy from Police Academy.....

I hate them both!!!
arghhhhh

HSC
yenta said:
What pisses me off about TV are the ongoing amounts of reality shows

12-51

Custom User Title
HSC
I just hate all the adds eg. the powerbarn adds where that lady screams her head off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)