what proof is there that god exists? (1 Viewer)

fliick

HSC
N/A
i dont think a book can answer my the variety of my questions when compared to the internet and im pretty sure this community is being as objective as possible.
A book. Ok you need to read more to start with. Simple picture books, maybe some singalongs, so you can begin to comprehend grammar and structure.

I know what you're doing! You sly dog, you're googling big words to throw in here on the net, aren't you. >=D

My point still stands you 'stupid' lazy shit. If there was proof out there it would be flaunted. Go create your own theories and thoughts you sheep. It feels like I'm head butting a brick wall. Are you a troll?

Discretion in speech is more than eloquence. AKA, STFU.

BreBre91

HSC
What effect does god have on people? Is he like a placebo to addicts? You do not need evidence of him, you need faith in what you are doing. Something which I cannot grasp.

Fermat

HSC
N/A
Ok, just because I'm finding any reason not to study for exams..

This same question can be asked for what is the proof that electricity exists. We can see the existence of electricty, not physically, but by what it can do. Electricty enables your computer screen to turn on, just as God moves through those people who work for him.
You need to understand the difference between evidence and faith.
Science is based on evidence. Religion is based on faith.
We may not be able to see electricity (or gravity) but there are many ways to detect, measure and observe it. There is solid evidence (which someone more knowledgeable can expand on) that it exists and for that reason it is accepted by science.

God's existence, on the other hand, is not backed up by evidence whatsoever. And so, to accept the existence of god is to have faith in his existence.

Riot09

HSC
A
I know what you're doing! You sly dog, you're googling big words to throw in here on the net, aren't you. >=D

i haven't properly read anything in ages due to the school certificate and your'e accusation cannot be more furtherr than the the truth.

im ranked 2nd in english 2 years in a row and i haven't picked up a dictionary or been to an online dictionary sinc the end of term 3.so dont let my grammer fool you.iv'e read so much about history,science and philosophy words like objective,subjetive,genitic-determinism and many other words like these are practically my middle name.

HSC
N/A
i haven't properly read anything in ages due to the school certificate and your'e accusation cannot be more furtherr than the the truth.

im ranked 2nd in english 2 years in a row and i haven't picked up a dictionary or been to an online dictionary sinc the end of term 3.so dont let my grammer fool you.iv'e read so much about history,science and philosophy words like objective,subjetive,genitic-determinism and many other words like these are practically my middle name.
your fucking grammar is shit.

Last edited:

BreBre91

HSC
Grammar and spelling generally go hand in hand. You pointed out someones poor grammar, so I pointed out your poor spelling.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Grammar and spelling generally go hand in hand. You pointed out someones poor grammar, so I pointed out your poor spelling.
Actually, they pointed out someone's poor spelling but labelled it as poor grammar, which is even worse.

BreBre91

HSC
Well it was grammar and spelling i think there was a 'dont' without the apostrophe and a word with no spacing next to the comma haha

wayne_d

HSC
Back to the topic-

For the Christians, the evidence is that Jesus came onto earth in the form of a man. He is part of the Holy Trinity, just as water can be a solid or liquid, God, is part of the physical and meta physical. This is all documented in the Bible.

PS- There is no need for the incriminating words, this is an opinion that I am not imposing on anyone. You are entitled to your beliefs, just as I am to mine.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
For the Christians, the evidence is that Jesus came onto earth in the form of a man. He is part of the Holy Trinity, just as water can be a solid or liquid, God, is part of the physical and meta physical. This is all documented in the Bible.
I hardly call the Bible verifiable evidence, especially since it makes such extraordinary claims and continually mixes fact with fiction (a talking donkey, for example).

Last edited:

wayne_d

HSC
Because God is holy, Mary was inseminated by a word, as also she was a virgin, she did not have the mentatility to commit sin. She was not 'raped'. God needed to be in a physical human form. It was premeditated. Jesus anticipated that he would die on the cross, thus his metaphysical form would not have been able to be crucified. This sacrifice was essential to carry the sin of the world.

there is no need for the incriminating words- for those who can't read, I am not imposing this on anyone

wayne_d

HSC
I hardly call the Bible verifiable evidence, especially since it makes such extraordinary claims and continually mixes fact with fiction (a talking donkey, for example).
I have never heard of this talking donkey that you speak of

fliick

HSC
N/A

I'm clapping. Can you hear it?

Answer my other real questions. I was trying to give you credit for atleast attempting something in this one sentence I gave you. If you googled half your words it may become more legible.

Now you shall be known to me as, 'fucking moronic' Stupid lazy shit. :D
& geht off teh nets. And read SUMMOAR. You stupid GOUCHE.

Last edited:

fliick

HSC
N/A
Ok, just because I'm finding any reason not to study for exams..

You need to understand the difference between evidence and faith.
Science is based on evidence. Religion is based on faith.
We may not be able to see electricity (or gravity) but there are many ways to detect, measure and observe it. There is solid evidence (which someone more knowledgeable can expand on) that it exists and for that reason it is accepted by science.

God's existence, on the other hand, is not backed up by evidence whatsoever. And so, to accept the existence of god is to have faith in his existence.
Yes, god has no evidence.
But the laws of physics only complement eachother and haven't been disproved yet, so everything you know about the physical world should still be taken with a grain of salt. Like aether was disproved, but there was evidence for it until Michelson Morley. And the particle/wave nature of light.

redmayne

HSC
The Bible does not count as any proof whatsoever, it was written 2000 years ago give or take. At that time we still believed in a ridiculous amount of stupid things. Religion was invented so people could be at peace with the mysterious and overwhelming nature of the world.

But now we know the truth. Science has explained it all now, well a lot of it at least.

There is no real evidence for God. The existence of genetic diversity or Jesus doesn't, in any way, mean there is a God. So freaking ridiculous.

If God created the Earth (let alone everything) are we expected to believe that he conjured it 100,000+ years ago. Then left it primitive, floundering and out of control for 97,000 of those years. Only deciding to intervene a couple of thousand years ago??

Are we expected to believe that this almighty God allows all sorts of terrible things to happen to good people all over the world every day, and just sits back. Stroking his beard, sitting in his chair of clouds.

Religion is the worst form of dictatorship. It knows what you're thinking and can punish you for it, if you do something slightly wrong you're screwed, and you're brainwashed as to the nature of your amazing leader.

There is about as much evidence for a God as there is for the existence of Greek Gods, and Harry Potter-esque magic, yet we dismiss those out of hand. And we would do the same to God if the Church and religion wasn't so disgustingly powerful.

Riot09

HSC
There is about as much evidence for a God as there is for the existence of Greek Gods, and Harry Potter-esque magic, yet we dismiss those out of hand. .
I know what your'e trying to say but can you please expand on this point using an example.(notice how there's no english mistakes.)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
sel-explanatory,im currently a non-believer.so enlighten me with your'e insight,any way you can and persuade me with near unconditional certainty that any kind of "god" exists and what does this mean for my life.

provide evidence for youre statements.and only support youre argument and don't comment or rebuff other thoeries or idea' s i want youre knowledge and none of this this is wrong therefore i am right such "abiogenisis is unexplainable therefore god exists.you get the idea.
*self-explanatory
*your
*theories
*ideas
*abiogenesis

Geez dude, at least do a quick once-over of your post before you post it. Being "2nd in English" is no excuse for disrespecting your fellow forum members by not even doing a quick spell-check and grammar-check.

To answer your question, no, there is no proof of God's existence (or any God's existence), which to religious people is kind of the point. Belief in His/Their existence requires faith, which is more important (apparently) than requiring proof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)