What should I be doing during the holiday before starting HSC? (1 Viewer)

Ethaw

HSC
(for the term 3 holiday of year 11 - going in to year 12 next term)
Atm pretty much just reading prescribed texts and making some basic notes on them & looking at syllabi for year 12.

My main problem is that even when I have school, I really don't get enough work to study, so in the holidays I have nothing.
----> I do however have a modern history excel textbook so maybe that would be worth studying?

Is there anything else I could/should be doing for 2 or 3u english or any other subject really.

P.S I am taking a break, but I'm actually bored a fair bit so it's not really going to burn me out to do a bit.

(SUBJECTS)
| English Adv | SOR1 | English Extension 1 | General Maths | Business Studies | Modern History | Economics |

sida1049

HSC
Yeah, the pre-HSC break is best left for relaxation. You're already reading your prescribed texts, which is great. Watch documentaries or read about the topics in Modern History for leisure. During my HSC break the only thing I really did was to re-watch my favourite films and wrote some shitty program that predicts your future income (which was fun), and with the HSC in less than two weeks, I regret nothing.

Chris_S

HSC
Yeah mainly relax as it will be your last "holidays" for school with the 6 week holidays and just read your prescribed texts for english etc.

Physicklad

HSC
try finding ideas for creatives, like maybe research something. there's never enough time to think about creative ideas in y12 imo.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Read over all your English prescribed texts, basically if you still have time, try to have a grasp of what you are going to be learning in the next term for all your subjects

sida1049

HSC
Are you able to use your prelim Adv/Ext creatives in HSC, for either adv or extension HSC
I don't see why not. If you have decent creatives, then stick to them. But if you don't, then take advantage of the HSC as an opportunity to develop or improve your creatives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)