What should i be doing if im aiming to apply for a co-op scholarship? (2 Viewers)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
and the BIS co-op is known for it's easier entry, not saying it is easy, but definitely easier than say banking and finance or actuarial, or even elec eng

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
and the BIS co-op is known for it's easier entry, not saying it is easy, but definitely easier than say banking and finance or actuarial, or even elec eng
Yep. BIS is the easiest route into Co-op.
I got an interview for BIS/CIS. But CIS has like 5 places, but I also want to major in accounting at the same time, which I can't do with BIS.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Yep. BIS is the easiest route into Co-op.
I got an interview for BIS/CIS. But CIS has like 5 places, but I also want to major in accounting at the same time, which I can't do with BIS.
yeah if you get into BIS, you'll be doing all the infs subjects, and only the core commerce like acct1501, econ1101 etc

accept the commerce one if you get it

michaeljennings

HSC
I reckon subjects count for 1% of the selection criteria

not even joking, but doing well with good ranks in a GPS school REALLY helps, so many co-ops I met during my first year came from kings, shore, scots

don't even ask about selective... i'll guarantee you 90% of all co-ops come from a selective school, not saying its a golden ticket, but it's an advantage
its really closer to 50-60%

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yea good attitude. I remember when interview offers came out when I was in yr 12, some guy who was in the same boat as you, had heaps good extra curriculars and stuff but didnt get an interview spat the dummy on BOS so hard everyone thought he was an arrogant prick lol.
At the start of this year, I said I would be happy if I get in UNSW, so its all good. And you only get what you deserve, so if others are better than me, then they deserve it more than me.

its really closer to 50-60%
Yeah this. The minimum for Co-op is advertised as 96 ATAR. If you get that ATAR, then all they do is accept you based on your rank in the interview. You can get in with a lower ATAR, only under EAS bonus points. You still need to get above 96 with the bonus points though.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah this. The minimum for Co-op is advertised as 96 ATAR. If you get that ATAR, then all they do is accept you based on your rank in the interview. You can get in with a lower ATAR, only under EAS bonus points. You still need to get above 96 with the bonus points though.
Actually EAS dont work. Its only Academic plus points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)