What should i do engineering or advanced science? (1 Viewer)

Evergreen

HSC
ive decided i dont wanna do medicine and i wanna do something more to do with physics, chemistry and engineering. i am interested in planes, cars and spacecraft. but im also interested in motion and all that physics stuff. so what should i do. also which course is the most interesting and which course gets me more emplyement opportunities when i finish it?

thanks

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if youre interested in planes, car and spacecraft, and you like phys chem and maths, then id be leaning more towards the engineering stream

look for engineering courses such as aeronautical and aeronautical (space), but the space course has a ridiculously high UAI (99.4 or something)

engineering on a whole has good job opportunities, and a good pay packet too

but youve got 2 years to really think about it, so just take your time

NeoKyo

gstains ghetto! represent
HSC
why not do both sort of?

do a combined engo/science, one more year than an engo degree and you get to taste both

Evergreen

HSC
wow i never knew mining engineers get paid that much. but im more interested in civil or aeronatuical engineering. wow aeronatuical engineering has 98 UAI requirement...shit. btw, whats the difference between science and advanced science? is it what the name suggests , advanced science is more challenging than science?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Evergreen said:
wow i never knew mining engineers get paid that much. but im more interested in civil or aeronatuical engineering. wow aeronatuical engineering has 98 UAI requirement...shit. btw, whats the difference between science and advanced science? is it what the name suggests , advanced science is more challenging than science?
No it's just the name of the degree and how the university markets it. You can do "advanced" courses in B Sc too.

ioniser

HSC
in most courses across all the unis ,advanced science is preferred for the more vigorous students, you do the same subjects as a science student would except therea re a couple of subjects you will be taking that only advanced students take

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Evergreen said:
ive decided i dont wanna do medicine and i wanna do something more to do with physics, chemistry and engineering. i am interested in planes, cars and spacecraft. but im also interested in motion and all that physics stuff. so what should i do. also which course is the most interesting and which course gets me more emplyement opportunities when i finish it?

thanks
mechanical engineering/ aeronautical engineering and science in physics/maths.

Basically, a degree with some maths and programming shows you have good modelling skills which opens up a lot of opportunities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)