What should I do? (1 Viewer)

rickypontingdagoat

HSC
After finishing my first term of year 12, my marks aren't looking great.

I'm particularly concerned about my maths extension 2 mark, which I got 58% in my Proofs test, the average was 66%. I'm aiming for a high atar and I'm not sure I can even recover from this, this task was weighted 20% so I don't even think the weighting was that low, do you guys think I can get mid-band 6 still realistically? (93-95)

Last edited:

liamkk112

HSC
After finishing my first term of year 12, my marks aren't looking great.

I'm particularly concerned about my maths extension 2 mark, which I got 58% in my Proofs test, the average was 66%. I'm aiming for a high atar and I'm not sure I can even recover from this, this task was weighted 20% so I don't even think the weighting was that low, do you guys think I can get mid-band 6 still realistically? (93-95)
definetly you can, 20% weighting isnt that much. best u can do is aim to beat everyone else as much as possible in following tests, that would give 80% of your weighting to you being first in the class which is a lot. additionally with mx2, you feel quite weak at the beginning of the subject, but by the end of this year you will have developed a lot more skill, and i would say just to keep perservering and grinding out questions as much as you can, dont be discouraged by the super hard questions. a mid band 6 isnt too hard to achieve with some hard work, dont forget u still have a year to improve as much as u can for the final hsc too, just be as consistent as possible.

raindance42

HSC
my cousin failed a maths ext2 exam once and she managed a 99+ atar. maths ext2 scales insanely well so you should be good

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
yeah someone in my class got 53% in the first task and ended up getting 94 overall in mx2

mx2 is the best of all the subject to stuff up, cause its the easiest to make a comeback, since its not like everyone will be getting high marks which would otherwise make a comeback hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)