What sort of awards does your school hand out at the end of the year? (1 Viewer)

taylajordanlee

HSC
I've always wondered because we have a Dux award and top of subject awards, then awards like overcoming adversity, etc.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Dux, first in subject, and athletic awards

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I will be getting an award this year, its called 'Going to the formal with the school captain'. *waitingtogethastreplies*
And to my surprise I topped bio.

I've done so badly in year 12. In year 11 i got 'High Academic Achievement', second to dux. I had two 1sts, one 2nd, two 3rds. And well english...yea 13th.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I won't be getting anything this year because I managed to get top 3 in 4 subjects but no 1sts.

If there is a most consistent award then I'd win it. Most consistently never coming 1st... seriously once in Year 10 I came 2nd in 4 subjects but no 1sts.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I think OP's interested in what type of rewards are handed out at school. Not whether you guys are getting any or not.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Most of the time there are awards for 1st in subjects, as well as 2nd in subjects, and consistent performance between all academic and extra curricular activities (often called just a merit award). There is also dux, of course. Other times there may be bonus accolades your school offers in tandem with universities which are commonly unforeseen. For example, I was awarded the "Macquarie University Partner School Award for Academic Excellence in English" by my school, but I imagine it's an award only available to the high schools with a partnership with Macq Uni.

I think you can ask your teachers if you're interested.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Attendance, academic, sporting . Excellence .

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I think OP's interested in what type of rewards are handed out at school. Not whether you guys are getting any or not.
I wanna be dux so my name can be carved into the prestigious wood work at the hall.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Had my graduation yesterday, was quite sad to see 13 years of knowing the same people over.

Basically we had:
-First in course: Got eco and business, i'm happy.
-Outstanding academic achievement (top 5 in 4 or more courses): Got this also
- Outstanding academic effort: (People who got "always" on a specific section on our report related to effort, such as class participation and stuff like that)
-Mary Mackillop Award: (Someone who has completed the hsc whilst being very ill)
-Sports awards
-Merit award based on achievement in both academic and extra curricular activities
- UNSW AAA Scholarship: 4k and bonus points
-Caltex Award
-Performing arts award
-Social justice award

Yeah he had a shitload...

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Had my graduation yesterday, was quite sad to see 13 years of knowing the same people over.

- Outstanding academic effort: (People who got "always" on a specific section on our report related to effort, such as class participation and stuff like that)
We called this the "bitch" award. :(

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Had muck up hour at school today.

Did most of the prep yesterday arvo, most of the stuffing up that I did included duct-taping and glad-wrapping stairs so that people would be inconvenienced walking up them as well as stringing/ making a web with string in the bathrooms.

Also had Year 12 Final Assembly today. I asked my little brother who was in it and unfortunately it wasn't one of the better ones as he said... he's biased against me though.

PC

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
We called this the "bitch" award. :(
You got gg'd

Had muck up hour at school today.

Did most of the prep yesterday arvo, most of the stuffing up that I did included duct-taping and glad-wrapping stairs so that people would be inconvenienced walking up them as well as stringing/ making a web with string in the bathrooms.

Also had Year 12 Final Assembly today. I asked my little brother who was in it and unfortunately it wasn't one of the better ones as he said... he's biased against me though.

PC
We weren't allowed to have a muck up AT all, or else we would risk completing our hsc at school (not sure how legit this is) and wouldn't receive our reference.

Makematics

HSC
You got gg'd

We weren't allowed to have a muck up AT all, or else we would risk completing our hsc at school (not sure how legit this is) and wouldn't receive our reference.
I think future years will have this imposed on them after what happened with our muck up day today...

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
At my school, at the end of year award night, all the people in the primary school each get an award for something random, so that some of the kids who dont get legit awards, dont feel sad.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
You got gg'd

If the year twelves at my school had even been seen on school grounds prior to their official assembly they would have been expelled = can't sit HSC, to prevent a muck up day (yes, they have actually done this to people before).

Makematics

HSC
At my school, at the end of year award night, all the people in the primary school each get an award for something random, so that some of the kids who dont get legit awards, dont feel sad.
Lol luckily they dont do this at my school. There arent many awards to be given out tbh, but i guess you guys do have 60-ish people

Makematics

HSC
If the year twelves at my school had even been seen on school grounds prior to their official assembly they would have been expelled = can't sit HSC, to prevent a muck up day (yes, they have actually done this to people before).
Absolutely unbelievable...

Lina3

HSC
Having mine on Friday. There are normally unforeseen uni and other miscellaneous awards alongside the usual 1st and 2nds in course, sporting and all rounders.

In regards to muck-up day: Today bore the semblance of a muck up day, but the teachers have been threatening us for weeks with getting expelled and sitting HSC at a different school if we put so much as a toe out of line. In 2000 or 2001, year 12 collected all the school books they could find (especially English, since they always leave the doors to their rooms open) and made a bonfire from them in the quad, melting the plastic rain cover in the process. The teachers have been on edge about muck-up days ever since. We had an Ancient theme so we dressed up and had parties and lots of food in most classes. My friend and I wrote 'odes' to some of the faculties in the school and stuck them up on the walls, but they were just endearing poems so we didn't get into trouble.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Having mine on Friday. There are normally unforeseen uni and other miscellaneous awards alongside the usual 1st and 2nds in course, sporting and all rounders.

In regards to muck-up day: Today bore the semblance of a muck up day, but the teachers have been threatening us for weeks with getting expelled and sitting HSC at a different school if we put so much as a toe out of line. In 2000 or 2001, year 12 collected all the school books they could find (especially English, since they always leave the doors to their rooms open) and made a bonfire from them in the quad, melting the plastic rain cover in the process. The teachers have been on edge about muck-up days ever since. We had an Ancient theme so we dressed up and had parties and lots of food in most classes. My friend and I wrote 'odes' to some of the faculties in the school and stuck them up on the walls, but they were just endearing poems so we didn't get into trouble.
Seriously? Wow, the reason why they're absolutely prohibited a my school is because a few years ago people did burnouts on the oval and wrecked the grass haha. Your ranks are insane by the way, you should enjoy awards day :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)