what sort of mark in 4u should i be getting? (1 Viewer)

suiyi_z

what kind of marks should i be getting in school assessments of 4u to get above 90 in the hsc?? i have no idea what the general standard is but what should i aim for?

Giant Lobster

HSC
what the hell... depends on a heap of stuff
but imo most of all depends on quality of ur competition
if they are crap, even coming 1st everytime isnt enough :(

jessum

HSC
what about if its a selective school, where most people in the class do pretty well.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by suiyi_z
what kind of marks should i be getting in school assessments of 4u to get above 90 in the hsc?? i have no idea what the general standard is but what should i aim for?
it depends on so many things. your assesments marks, how many people who do ext 2 and others. i mean, i came 14/19 for my extension 2 class last year and i ended up with a school assesment mark of 77. i managed a 52% and a 50% in the 25% assements and i think a 41% in the trials. that was pretty bad i thought but yeah to think i got 77 from barely 50 in my school assesments.

suiyi_z

i'm from smiths hill selective high...we have one 4u class and i think i'm coming like 6th or something..raw mark of 60% scaled mark of 84.
yea i kinda figured some things would depend on people and stuff i just wanted soemting to aim for. i don't want to repeat it, coz i'm an accelerant in maths, i'm in year 11

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by suiyi_z
i'm from smiths hill selective high...we have one 4u class and i think i'm coming like 6th or something..raw mark of 60% scaled mark of 84.
yea i kinda figured some things would depend on people and stuff i just wanted soemting to aim for. i don't want to repeat it, coz i'm an accelerant in maths, i'm in year 11
so what would b the highest hsc score that'll prolly come out of your skool this year?

abdooooo!!!

Banned
so do you think you can come first??? 95+ wouldn't be bad... especially since you're accelerating.
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
what the hell... depends on a heap of stuff
but imo most of all depends on quality of ur competition
if they are crap, even coming 1st everytime isnt enough :(
what? you said something wrong... what happen if you had no competition... then surely you're stuffed lol :D :D :D

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by freaking_out
so if ur comming 6th- ur assessment mark will prolly be around 85-90 mark...so yeah, very high. :)
umm... thats kind of a big drop from 1st to 6th don't you think. should be around 90-95.

but most people who accelerate in math do it again... i know this dude who got 91 for 4u and 93 for 3u last year and he is repeating.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
umm... thats kind of a big drop from 1st to 6th don't you think. should be around 90-95. ..
i don't think its that big of a drop- in my school the difference between 3rd and 4th place used to b like 20 marks! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)