What subjects should i drop for Year 12?! (1 Viewer)

Shutterbug97

HSC
Ok so at the moment i am doing:
Chem
Bio
Eng Adv.
Eng. Ext.
Art
Math Adv.
SOR 1unit (religion is compulsory)

So i am ranking fairly well in all my subjects. Ive done well so far this year but the workload has been killing me. So far i've decided to drop down to General maths to try and lessen it a bit. My problem is with religion and english ext. I am ranking really good in both, especially SOR. I absolutely love english extension but hate SOR. I was originally going to drop Ext. and keep SOR 1 unit, but i just got my results back for the final Ext. assesment task (which was creative writing) and i got 34/35 and topped the year. SIGN FROM THE HEAVENS?!? So now i am thinking about keeping Ext. and dropping to Catholic Studies (non-atar). What should i do?!
Also whats the go with Catholic Studies? Like is there an exam, how many assesments, ect.
AHH?!

dnai

HSC
I'd say if you love ext, you'll be much more motivated to do well in it for the HSC. However, I think it really depends on what you'll be studying for the HSC course. If you've got a gut feeling about either one of them, even a tiny bit, go with it. Speaking from personal experience, it's a change you won't regret. Dropping general maths, although it is a practical subject and can be applied in some areas to my other studies, was definitely one of my better decisions!

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
maybe art if time mangagement is an issue

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Keep ext, you sound really happy to be doing it haha!

Which subjects do you enjoy the most and which ones do you enjoy the least? Is it just SOR you have to do (but hate anyways)? I'd say drop the one you hate (if possible) or the one you rank worse in. If neither apply, drop the one least relevant to your future studies or career path.

But definitely drop a subject (or two even..) because your work load is incredibly heavy, especially with a major work in VA.

Best of luck!

xxcc

HSC
A science or art. I do two sciences, and its a load to memorize.

Art is fairly easy theory wise however your major work depends on your time efficiency ^__^

asdfghjklmz

HSC
Maybe drop art as SOR is compulsory?
Don't drop 2U, unless you're failing or something

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Good job with English! If you're doing that well, you should definitely keep Extension. SOR is an interesting subject but it's a LOT of content, so if you think you don't want the workload then drop to Catholic Studies. As far as CS is concerned, it's non-ATAR so you don't sit a HSC exam (but your school may still make you sit an end of year exam of some sort before you graduate, but since it won't contribute to your ATAR I wouldn't stress it). Personally, I don't do CS but I've been told it's a lot more chilled that SOR.

My suggestion would be to try and keep everything till the first round of assessments and depending on how you're doing, drop then. Because you can always drop something if it becomes too much, but you can't pick up something later on. Hope that helped! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)