What time of day is the biggest influx of students? (1 Viewer)

Weeber

HSC
N/A
Would it be ~9AM?

Reason I ask is I hate crowded trains and I would like to avoid it.

I assume 9AM would be the worst when you include people going to work/school etc?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
9-11AM usually.

Everything apart from 9AM didn't bother me because of the lack of peak hour.

Weeber

HSC
N/A
How packed are the trains just before 11am? That is the latest I can set up my timetable.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How packed are the trains just before 11am? That is the latest I can set up my timetable.
Obviously depends on the line but from what I've experienced, they are at 50% capacity.

Weeber

HSC
N/A
Obviously depends on the line but from what I've experienced, they are at 50% capacity.
Great! UNSW was the worst, packed train followed by a packed bus (and couldn't sleep in).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Great! UNSW was the worst, packed train followed by a packed bus (and couldn't sleep in).
pro-tip: have a bus buddy

I remember a few times last year, I'd meet up with a friend and she and I would just chat about whatnot on the way to uni, it'd lessen the pain of having to squeeze into the bus and whatnot.

Weeber

HSC
N/A
pro-tip: have a bus buddy

I remember a few times last year, I'd meet up with a friend and she and I would just chat about whatnot on the way to uni, it'd lessen the pain of having to squeeze into the bus and whatnot.
@ Usyd now but I should make a train buddy for my first lecture.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
@ Usyd now but I should make a train buddy for my first lecture.
Train buddies are even better.

Same girl I mentioned in the post above would be a train buddy on the way home, she got off the stop before mine so it was great.

Lots of people complain about the commute to uni, but I find it a necessary "evil" which I can turn into something good - all you need is a friend!

Because friendship is magic, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)