What to do after transferring (1 Viewer)

Jasonnn

HSC
Hi, i don't have any older siblings so i am not exactly sure of the process. I am currently studying at UWS and have got an offer at UTS. I am transferring to a IT degree there and have accepted the offer. What happens now? Do i have to contact UWS and tell them i have transferred or will they know automatically? Also what happens to the fees of the course as i have HECS-help.
Thank you

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
I believe you must tell the uni (this case UWS) that you're withdrawing out of the course and follow their instructions there. Make sure you also fully accepted your new uni offer.

It's also advised that you should go to the UTS student centre so they can transfer credit standings from UWS. You wouldn't want to do 1st year subjects again at UTS.

I'm in the same shoes as you, only I'm starting a half new course here. :)

Jasonnn

HSC
alright cool thanks! I'll have to contact them soon. Do you know what happens to the course fees from last year's course? Do we just have to pay for the units that we have done?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
You pay what's ever done after the census date to your enrolled subjects, so yes you already HECS (or paid) your last year UWS subjects. So in this case, you must go to the student centre (in Building 10 for IT) so they can count as many credit standings as they can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)