what to do? (1 Viewer)

khosanman

HSC
I got a call today for an interview for an analyst position in the M&A department of a big energy company. And I have already verbally anyway, accepted an offer from a big4, and Im still waiting for them to send the bloody contract, been waiting ages.

So I dont know what I should do, should I email the big 4 and say whats the deal? should I go to the interview? I just want to put pen to paper dso I can not have to worry anymore, what is with these slow bastards

Affinity

HSC
Do both. Ring them up. and go to the interview.

By the way.. What kind of energy company has a dedicated merger and acquisitions department?

khosanman

HSC
This one does. They are very large, acquiring companies overseas all the time. I mean im in scandinavia so, theres not much room for internal growth here.
They supply electricity, drill for oil etc, provide wind energy, just everything. Would be an exciting field to work in. But i think unlikely id get the position anyway.

Thing is I dont know if I can be bothered dressing up interviewing etc. And Ive accepted this otehr contract, im just waiting for them to send it so I can sign on the dotted line already!!! Its been 2 weeks tomorrow

khosanman

HSC
I think I would prefer m&a long term.

But the way I look at it is
1) I havent actually got this job yet, only would be starting the interview process
2) They wanted people with masters, dunno why i got the interview in first place
3) Would have to bother getting all dressed up and preparing etc and getting there
4) Although this is a massive energy company here, they are not known around the world, the big 4 i am with is.
5) I like the fact that at big4, i will get to work with many different firms in different industries
6) It is in transfer pricing but from what I have heard it seems that there are good exit ops into transaction service type work.

So lots against it, but lots for it too. Such as where the damn contract!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)