what to do? (1 Viewer)

CriminalCrab

HSC
This year, my english teacher left the school and so now we have another teacher. The problem is, she doesn't seem to know much about the english course.
We've done frankenstien and speeches with her.
For frankenstein, she just got us to read parts of the book every lesson, then watch bladerunner without much explaining what exactly we are meant to do in the module, all she said was tie everything to context (module A).
Then for speeches,all she did was point out the language techniques (strong diction etc) in each speech without explaining or at least going through part of the speech.

But most of the times, the lessons are like frees, people just do other subject homework, chat, sleep etc...
and we never write essays, when we do hand one to him, he just says its good but keep revising...but...

I got my mid year results back and got 52% - JUST passed in both modules (average was i think 68%). Turned out she never taught the class anything about module B requiring a lot of context and purpose stuff - got 10/20.

I was never good at english, but my last year teacher was decent so i stayed in advanced, I wish he would come back!! =( So i need advice as to what to do?
sorry if this sounded like a rant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)