What topics are you guys up to now? (1 Viewer)

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Just wondering where in the syllabus you guys are up to? =D

We've started topic 2 - Australia's Place in the Global Economy.. just learning about the balance of payments now, but we did the Australia's free trade and protection part in conjunction with topic 1, so I guess we're about half way through topic 2.

What about you?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
We've just finished balance of payments, or chapter 4 in the blue global econ textbook.

i4ct

HSC
just finish topic one in the Dixion 2004 eco text book. :rolleyes:
is topic two hard to understand? :p

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
i4ct said:
is topic two hard to understand? :p
Not really =D I still find the balance of payments a bit confusing, but with more practice it should be ok.

tim price

HSC
just started topic 2. gonna be screwed up with balance of payments.

i4ct

HSC
so, what is balance of payments? is it really confusing :)

klaw

HSC
still yet to start topic 2, won't start till next yr coz it's holidays for me now

Loz_metalhead

HSC
We just had a test worth 20% on chapters 1-4. I guess we will be starting exchange rates tomorrow or Monday.

We get through things pretty fast and the teacher said we will have lots of time before the HSC for revision

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
i4ct said:
so, what is balance of payments? is it really confusing :)
Its basically a record of a country's financial transactions with the rest of the word. i.e the flows of goods and service, investment and captial in and out of the country within a certain period of time. (divided into the Current account, and the Capital and Financial Account)
If the money coming into the country is greater than that going out, then there is a positive bop; and the opposite results in a negative balance.

german rock on said:
half topic 1, half topic 4, quarter topic 2
Hmm quite unusual how your class seems to be doing it, especially with topic 4. Four is economic policies, which is usually done in conjunction with topic 3, (Economic Issues) as the policies are in response to the issues.

ichiraku

HSC
Just finished The Global Economy. Teacher says it's the most boring topic to teach, but meh I find it rather interesting. Well at least more interesting than prelims

haru

HSC
up to chapter 5(exchange rates) in leading edge book

cricket_freak

HSC
nickyroony said:
Just wondering where in the syllabus you guys are up to? =D

We've started topic 2 - Australia's Place in the Global Economy.. just learning about the balance of payments now, but we did the Australia's free trade and protection part in conjunction with topic 1, so I guess we're about half way through topic 2.

What about you?
ive also started topic two and have 2 go through it and finish it throughout the holidayz, but at the same time revizing topic one

cricket_freak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)