What UAI you reckon? nput here! (1 Viewer)

Sam66724

HSC
Look, it's really great that you people are aiming for 98+, and i dont want to disappoint you but, 98 is amazing. I just hope that all of you have set realistic goals and that when your marks come back you wont be disappointed. I just believe that if you think that you can get 99, wouldn't it be better to aim for 95, so at least then that you can be confident that you reach your goal, so if all else fails, you can settle for at least achieving a goal instead of being disappointed by missing out on a 99. Trick your mind. It will also be interesting to know what all of your marks really are when they come back...

tennille

HSC
Why aim for a lower UAI?

The higher you aim, the more likely you'll achieve that result. :)

I aimed for a UAI that I thought, at first, would be beyond my reach. I actually got quite close to it.

dom001

HSC
N/A
Aim for 100 - and if you fall a few points short, who cares? Better than aiming low and not having any chance of achieving a high score.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Don't aim too high (like 100) cos you'll never surpass your expectations.

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
i knew this was going to happen..i'm aiming for 92+, but i'm being realistic and ESTIMATE that i will have 83-85..can't make usyd arch...=C

It is great to see everyone having aimed so high, but that thing will miss, and probably get your own face instead...<cocky is not good>

Telling your self that you are aiming for something, and KNOWING you are getting something else is different....

Be truthful here, what ARE you EXPECTING to get?

A l

HSC
N/A
On the contrary to what some people think, I think it's good to aim high. It provides motivation to work harder and also allows you to stretch yourself to the limits so you know that you have tried your best. I mean, there's still 50% of your final HSC mark to go so here's another opportunity to redeem yourself. Don't just aim low because your assessment marks/ranks are low. You never know if you might just excel in the HSC exam hence pulling up your assessment marks. If you quit now, then you probably deserve to get a low UAI. Here's a scientific fact: optimism increases life expectancy.....

"Chubby"

HSC
Trebla said:
I go to a half-selective school ranked 28th last year. I'm hoping for 99+.....but this is in doubt because my overall ranks are worse than my trial ranks....:(
half selective school? what school do u go to?

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
williamycai said:
i knew this was going to happen..i'm aiming for 92+, but i'm being realistic and ESTIMATE that i will have 83-85..can't make usyd arch...=C

It is great to see everyone having aimed so high, but that thing will miss, and probably get your own face instead...<cocky is not good>

Telling your self that you are aiming for something, and KNOWING you are getting something else is different....

Be truthful here, what ARE you EXPECTING to get?

i also want to do architecture ! but im going to UNSW, cut-off is lower :p

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Aim high but don't blind urself from the truth about what you are more likely to reach.

Aiming high can lead to devestation if you don't get ur dream UAI because you've totally forgotten about the reality of it all.

I'm aiming for 96-98.

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
angmor said:
i also want to do architecture ! but im going to UNSW, cut-off is lower :p
dude you do exactly the same subjects as me..but why do we need bio and chem in architecture? What school you go to and what are your ranks?

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
I go to a public school that's pretty good (no chance of it ever getting ranked though :D ) I'm aiming for 80-85, but knowing my trial results (which were crap. :( ) I'll probably get between 50-70. :(

Maybe if I study really hard for the next few weeks, I can pull it up to 75-80. :) I'm probably aiming too high even at that though.

Sam66724

HSC
I am not a pessimist. I do believe that one should aim high- but be realistic. I just hope that all people are aiming to get a UAI that is achievable. It's pointless for someone to say, 'oh i want 98' for the hell of it. That will make things WORSE. I want to be happy when my results come out. I've always been good at school, which you would presume to be in the 90's, but infact i would be estatic with 85!. I would go absolutely crazy!. I just think its stupid to put pressure on yourself to achieve such a high UAI. Ask yourself what you would be happy to get, and make that your aim, instead of saying 'I want 98' for the hell of it.
I agree with williamycai who said "Telling your self that you are aiming for something, and KNOWING you are getting something else is different....".

Argue with me all you like, but you're the only one who knows the truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)