What uni u guys want to go to? (1 Viewer)

What uni do u want to go to?

• University of Technology, Sydney

Votes: 40 25.3%
  • Sydney Uni

Votes: 40 25.3%
  • Macquarie Uni

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Univeristy of NSW

Votes: 33 20.9%
  • University of Western Syd

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • University of Wollongong

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • Australian Catholic Uni

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Centerlink

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters

jenster

i'll either be at newcastle uni, canberra uni or csu in bathurst. tell me if you're going i'll have to make all new friends there!

bex

HSC
csu in bathurst
me toooooo!!!! im really looking at csu as a possibility... which course are you thinking of?

for me its pr or journalism... if i dont go to csu im also interested in Macquarie, UTS or sydney... Anything!!!!

jenster

bathurst is my first preference. i want to do the BA Communications - journalism... but i don't think i'll get in. it's hard, a girl from my school got 89 last year and didn't get in.

i got my pin from uac today and it says to get a uai in the 60s you have to be getting marks in the mid to high 70s! argh so it doesn't look like i'll be going to uni altogether!! ahh well here's hoping.

bex

HSC
the thing is, with CSU, they dont just judge you on UAI its also 2 essays and a test (i dont know much about it...just that there's a test! ) so its really tricky to know whats happening!

Good Luck!

philbert_frog

Well I'm planning on USYD: Arts/Commerce or UTS(!): Bus/International Studies.

Majors: Marketing and a language (Mandarin/French)

Anyone got any ideas???

Which uni is best for exchange??

Sorry but UNSW is out cuz its too far to go - the bus trip would just piss me off.

Pity the bloody open days for Syd and UTS are on the same day! Who was the idiot that picked that!?!?! Probably the same marketing genius who proposed that they put Livid on the day before the HSC begins!

bex

HSC
ummm... i forget wat i was gonna say...

oh yeah! i think the point of having the 2 open days together is convenience? because the 2 unis are so close, it makes it like a 1 stop shop kinda thing! As for UNSW being 2 far out... PUH LEASE
all these people who live close to their schools...

philbert_frog

Yeah I agree its convenient, but I've got Sydney Uni's timetable and I want to go to lectures at 10-11:30 and then 2 to 4

I doubt UTS will magically sort all their arts and busienss lectures into that middle 2.5hrs, but then again I can't find out because they are lazy and haven't posted a timetable on the web yet.

I don't live near my school - driving its 10mins, but public transport its about 30mins.

1 bus, 2 trains - hardly "close".

UNSW just involves me going that little bit further every day, and the UAI is higher than Sydney for what I want anyway, so the way I see it is "why bother"

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by bex
the thing is, with CSU, they dont just judge you on UAI its also 2 essays and a test (i dont know much about it...just that there's a test! ) so its really tricky to know whats happening!
ooh ok thats good. i was starting to stress about the uai (seeing as its not published anywhere).

i'm going up to have a look at the bathurst campus next week...i'll pass along any info i find out..
ciao

do0d

time tables r different every sem
and every subject will be on a tdifferent times

SpLaTHoWA

Bite me.
HSC
well that sux...

UNSW dun let me combine the courses i wanna do...BE(comp)\BSc(nano)
ah well off to USYD for me!
now to get around 97... :D
hopefully that won't be too hard...

:rolleyes:

oh and btw, will a mod please delete my FaTHoWA account for me please?
for some reason i never got the activation email on that account so i can't post, poll or msg on that account and now my ie won't log out of it, even after clearing cookies + logging out... its seriously pissing me off... :mad:

Last edited:

quartic

Originally posted by Nelly
Yeah I guess, I might be going to UNSW because it has a course that I want to do. Has anyone heard of Photonics Engineering, it's the first year, and no-ones has heard of it.
If your interested in that look at Maquarie uni and a course called optoelectronics. That's supposed to be a world leading photonics/optical communications course. Anyway they've been running it for a while there so they'd be more experienced. Don't be fooled by the low UAI requirements my friend's brother does it and apparently its an excellent course with lots of opportunity for industry support if your doing well.

Just a thought.

Kristy

whoever invented the poll forgot to add newcastle to the list...

that's where i am going to go :)

Rogan

I wana go to maq uni or uts but its all about the dam uai i probably end up at uws

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm still tossing up on whether USyd or Macq should b higher on my preferences (for commerce)

schwang_thang

i'd go 2 syd...cos of the quadrangle =) it sooo reminds me of harry potter! *yay*

but then im hearing that uts business n nsw commerce r better...so yeah now im not sure farouts!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah
but for a 94 UAI, i'd rather goto macquare and do Commerce/Law rather than just commerce at NSW, hence why thats on my preferences..then ive got com@Syd and biz@UTS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)