What was in the north sydney boys entrance exam? (1 Viewer)

drellafemes

HSC
N/A
hey guys I'm wondering if anyone out there has done the entrance exam. What was in it? particularly the math exam which I have heard it is hard.
Do they assess you on EVERY year 10 topic? even if you haven't done it yet?
please give me a list of topics to revise over :)

Balls2u

HSC
Hey there
Yes the maths exam is hard there will most likely be EVERY year 10 topic so: coord geo, quadratics, circle geo, simulat equations, curve sketching (parabolas), general algebra, functions, logarithms, volume of 3d shapes, probability and most importantly TRIGONOMETRY!!!!!!!! (I missed a few topics but these are the main ones)
I did the test in year 9 last year and I didn't finish the last question. That test already had year 10 topics in it so I would be revising some 2 unit/3unit if I were you. Be quick and efficient in the way you answer your questions. First part is multiple choice though getting high marks will come from doing well in self answer. I'm not trying for NSBHS this year because the test is just too retarded though I did get reserve last year. My school compared to NSBHS is so behind in maths despite my school still ranking in the top 30s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)