What was your first job? (1 Viewer)

r0b-dog

HSC
N/A
simply what was your first job?

how did you get it? how did u applied for it?

good discussion for nervous first timers for applying for a job..

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
pizza shop
ad in the paper, went in for a trial run for a couple hours
fast food places are a good place to start. or supermarkets

HSC
Maccas
Applied online, had an instore interview, got the job
had it for about 2 years....start of year 9 till start of year 11. great fun, good place to start off...but you reach a point where you can't take it any longer lol

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
sorting bras at best and less
it was absolute shit although it was pretty easy to get
they were so ecstatic that someone actually wanted to work there that they gave it to me without even an interview

mitch179

HSC
Produce Assistant/Service Cashier at Woolworths when I was 14. I worked Produce for about a month then got transferred permanently to checkouts as a Service Cashier. I applied online, went to a group interview at HR for this area which is linked to a store, then went for a 1-on-1 interview with the Produce 2IC at the actual store I was applying for, and he gave me the job straight up.

Then went for an induction. As my original position was Produce Assistant which is classified as a Fresh Food Department, I did the 2x4 hour induction days plus a 5 hour fresh food training day. The advantage of applying for a fresh food department position :p

Worked there for 5 months, checkouts started to piss me off at a supermarket. (too much bag packing technique CRAP)

Now I work at Target, I'm on registers there too, but it's a lot easier. I have worked at Target for just over a year now. For that, printed off an application form from Target website, handed it into the store, had an interview about 6 weeks later with the Operations Manager, got the job the next day, online induction, instore induction, register training and now here I am.

I know the topic was FIRST job, but I thought I would explain how I got my second job too, considering it was a slightly different process.

I find that retail/supermarket/fast food places are your best bet for a first job. They are almost always looking for new employees so just keep looking on WOWCareers, Coles Group Careers and if interested in obtaining employment from other places, look into how you can get a job there.

HSC
My first job was a netball umpire at my local association.
I did my training there about a year earlier, and they kept our names on a database in case any teams couldn't find umpires, which is why they called me. Worked there for about 2 years total, but it was only during the winter/summer seasons only.

My second (and current) job is woolworths. applied online (directly to a position, not to an 'expression of interest'), then had a group interview and got the job.

Black Heart

HSC
Woolworths checkout chick. First job, still got the job now.

Got an application form at Careers Expo

lizac

HSC
i worked at oporto,
they had a sign out saying like employees wanted so i filled out a form then they called for an interview, i worked there for a year, then this lady from a card store like greeting card came up to me whilst i was working and asked if i wanted to come and work at her shop for a better wage so i did.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
stacked crates at like a vinyard, lol i had to like run along after the truck picking up crates of picked apricots, was rather fail, was a 6am till 6pm job only 30 min lunch break, lolz was hard work i worked for like 3 days earnt about 500 bucks then quit was to much hard work for me.

michael1990

HSC
Greater Union. Febuary 2006
60 jobs there was over 1200+ applicants.

Took my resume to a school they hired, handed it in. Got a group interview later that day. From the group interview went to a one-one the next day at 8pm. Got a phone call 2 days later said they would like to offer me position.

I started at the bottom. CW1, now i'm at SP3. (Duty Supervisor). (4th level) (3 levels above me)
Earning around $17/per hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)