What would you do? (2 Viewers)

What would you do in my situation?

• Yes, tell them.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Yes, but only after you've paid for the trip to make lessen the possibility of not being able to go

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Yes, just as you're about to leave

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Yes, but only after you come back

• No, are you crazy?

Votes: 30 34.9%
  • None of the above, I have a better suggestion (please state!!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erin1988

HSC
umm your nearly 20!!!
you dont needed their approval your an adult do want u think is right

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Parents still have ammunition as long as they live under their roof and are the source of your pocket money.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ujuphleg said:
Well yeah, this was a plan as well... they'll pick up on it I'm sure.

Haha!! <3 Raph! :)
Invent a nickname for him and use it.

J

jhakka

Egronk said:
eg. "These are the things i am taking; sleeping bag, pillow case, 5 pairs of underwear, Jason, toothbrush, woolly jumper etc."
Hahahaha! Exactly. :D

Komaticom said:
Parents still have ammunition as long as they live under their roof and are the source of your pocket money.
I agree. Until you move out or start paying board, I think it's safe to say that they're still the head of the household.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
HEYYYY

do what jhakka suggested but say Jason MIGHT be going and see their reaction. Say something casual as in "oh, it depends if his work lets him" or something

Then work out what to do next judging from that reaction.
now this is a very bright idea!!! well done! I also suggest this.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Komaticom said:
jhakka said:
I agree. Until you move out or start paying board, I think it's safe to say that they're still the head of the household
They don't give me pocket money anymore. But yes, I still do live under their roof so I respect them.

withoutaface said:
Invent a nickname for him and use it.
"I'm taking my laptop, 5 pairs of undies, my toiletaries, the rutabaga, my swimmers and chocolate..."

"Rutabaga?"

"Yeah.... you know, the thing for the stuff that goes in the whosiwhatsit.... :rolleyes:"

Good idea though, thanks for trying :)

ur_inner_child said:
HEYYYY

do what jhakka suggested but say Jason MIGHT be going and see their reaction. Say something casual as in "oh, it depends if his work lets him" or something

Then work out what to do next judging from that reaction.
Cept that even a mention of Jason maybe coming will be taken as a yes, he most definatley is. Because my parents are just like that. And my bum of a boyfriend is currently unemployed. :p But yes, I know what you mean.

Here's a new conundrum. Shall I tackle them both at the same time or take the oppurtunity to gague my mothers reaction since dad is away?

I won't be doing anything about this situation until at least after monday (last exam)

J

jhakka

ujuphleg said:
"I'm taking my laptop, 5 pairs of undies, my toiletaries, the rutabaga, my swimmers and chocolate..."

"Rutabaga?"

"Yeah.... you know, the thing for the stuff that goes in the whosiwhatsit.... :rolleyes:"
Exactly! It's foolproof. :D

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
*** NEWS FLASH ***
We interrupt this program with an important community service announcment

Well. Mum was in a really good mood today. So instead of waiting out until next week - I told her, outright.

And....

She was actually ok with it. She's not thrilled but she agrees that I'm old enough to make my own decisions (she doesn't know that we're sleeping in the same room, but she doesn't need to know that)

She reckons that Dad is going to have SERIOUS issues with it though and that together we should brainstorm as to how to approach him.

YAY!! :) Its huge weight off my shoulders though, and I'm so glad she didn't flip. Pays to get the timing right I suppose, thats half the trick (as both grk_styl and glitterfairy could attest to)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
That is awesome Susan :) I am really happy for you.

It may not be that bad telling your dad. Now that you have your mum on your side, she can twist him around a little. Plus, it's even better that she wants to brainstorm with you. This is a really big step that you and your mum are about to take! She's finally realised that you are mature enough to make your own decisions. If I was you, I'd be walking around with a smile on my face lol I'm really happy for you. You have her support which is a great thing, and two heads brainstorming are far better than one :)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
She doesn't know we are sleeping in the same room though... I told her the boys are bunking together and the girls are bunking together. I figured once we're down there what she doesn't know can't hurt her.

And besides, if we weren't bunking seperately she wouldn't be cool with the idea.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
She doesn't need to know that, hun. Like you said, what they don't know what hurt them. Keep those minor details to yourself :) I seriously doubt that she will ask, anyway. A part of me thinks she already knows but it's easier for her to ignore it.

J

jhakka

ujuphleg said:
She doesn't know we are sleeping in the same room though... I told her the boys are bunking together and the girls are bunking together. I figured once we're down there what she doesn't know can't hurt her.

And besides, if we weren't bunking seperately she wouldn't be cool with the idea.
Single boys are bunking together. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
ujuphleg said:
*** NEWS FLASH ***
We interrupt this program with an important community service announcment

Well. Mum was in a really good mood today. So instead of waiting out until next week - I told her, outright.

And....

She was actually ok with it. She's not thrilled but she agrees that I'm old enough to make my own decisions (she doesn't know that we're sleeping in the same room, but she doesn't need to know that)

She reckons that Dad is going to have SERIOUS issues with it though and that together we should brainstorm as to how to approach him.

YAY!! :) Its huge weight off my shoulders though, and I'm so glad she didn't flip. Pays to get the timing right I suppose, thats half the trick (as both grk_styl and glitterfairy could attest to)

Congratulations Susan!:)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
w000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000t

(Congrats Susan :))

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Always awesome when you can get to one parent :) makes its sooo much easier!

good work!

J

jhakka

ur_inner_child said:
Always awesome when you can get to one parent :) makes its sooo much easier!

good work!
I'm thinking of My Big Fat Greek Wedding right now. "The man is the head of the family. But the woman is the neck."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)