What would you like to see on BOS 2005? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sladehk

le random
HSC
insert-username said:
That wasn't what I meant. I've posted on several message boards, and I know how much the newer users care about their post count, no matter what the board is about. As you go on, you care less and less. Just pointing something out, take it how you will.

I_F
I have agree with that...

Bare_Essentials

THE Bridget Jones
HSC
ok...excuse me for panicking but why are there NO notes on Athens in the Ancient History resource section? There used to be heaps from the previous years but now there are only notes from 2004 and therefore all the athenian stuff is gone.

As it is my teacher has suddenly decided to become a lazy ass and i have no clue what we've been doing for the past month in Athens and i thought oh thats ok...i'll come and read the stuff online here but there's NOTHING!!! I'm starting to stress. My trials are about 1 1/2 months away and i have an assessment in 2 weeks on Athens and I know NOTHING.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
once i got to about 500 posts i didnt really give what my post count was.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Komaticom said:
Assuming you've seem the Making Of post, the wireframe and the unblended blue +white stages were make using MS Paint. Yeah I'm old fashioned. The blending of those colours was achieved to a decent degree using Paintshop Pro (I'm still trying to figure out how to do it in Photoshop, which woulda looked so much better and taken less time), by adding numerous 95% transparency coats of white and blue where they meet. Takes ages and looks shit. The lighting and sparks make up for that.

Jumb, if old threads are deleted everyone's post count will drop with time, unless you manage to always make more posts than those deleted in old threads.
That's why you'd archive them, in a similar manner to how threads used to be moved to the deleted threads forum where the posts in them still counted towards the people's post counts.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Bare_Essentials said:
ok...excuse me for panicking but why are there NO notes on Athens in the Ancient History resource section? There used to be heaps from the previous years but now there are only notes from 2004 and therefore all the athenian stuff is gone.

As it is my teacher has suddenly decided to become a lazy ass and i have no clue what we've been doing for the past month in Athens and i thought oh thats ok...i'll come and read the stuff online here but there's NOTHING!!! I'm starting to stress. My trials are about 1 1/2 months away and i have an assessment in 2 weeks on Athens and I know NOTHING.
Athens @ the time of Pericles Speech about the effect of the range of occupations to the economy of Athens at the time of Pericles
Thread on Pericles

The vast amounts of sections within Ancient History make it very difficult to try and collect enough resources for all of them. We try to compile notes and ask for their submission, but there is only so much we can do with limited notes being handed in.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i'll try and get my notes in. the porblem is that all my notes are all hand-written and the fact that my writing is almost unreadable to everyone else except me.

there use to be a delted threads forum? :|

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
BEST IDEA EVER

this year i propose we have an inaugral bos academy awards

run by the admins several categories would exist such as
king of bos
queen of bos
bos clown
bos friendliest member
bos noob of the year
etc??? mods what do you think?

we all vote in a stickied thread and then the winners get things...good idea? yes

Bare_Essentials

THE Bridget Jones
HSC
thanx heaps. I have bookmarked them.

I too have written notes for this topic but will definately try and post them for people in future to use. It's just frustrating because everything is on all topics except my current one and its so frustrating trying to learn about this topic because i'm not sure of the standards.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
This is my first post and I would just like to say a big hello to all BOS members and the community here looks great.

I do have a suggestion and forgive me if i am wrong as i am only new. Would there be any chance of having an official Welcome Area forum where new members like myself can say a hello etc. Also just a suggestion maybe it would be an idea to have a programming area I know there is one in the SDD forum but maybe a general one where questions can be asked etc.

These are just suggestions you can correct me if these are already in place or have been suggested.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
This is my first post and I would just like to say a big hello to all BOS members and the community here looks great.

I do have a suggestion and forgive me if i am wrong as i am only new. Would there be any chance of having an official Welcome Area forum where new members like myself can say a hello etc. Also just a suggestion maybe it would be an idea to have a programming area I know there is one in the SDD forum but maybe a general one where questions can be asked etc.

These are just suggestions you can correct me if these are already in place or have been suggested.
hi nOOb.
see the deal with this place is you aim to be jumb. or thejosiekiller. when u become of them. your good.
or you could try and be me. but i dont think ull be very lucky

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
AtticusFinch said:
hi nOOb.
see the deal with this place is you aim to be jumb. or thejosiekiller. when u become of them. your good.
or you could try and be me. but i dont think ull be very lucky
Damn straight.

This idea has been raised before, but I don't know what the official answer has been before, so I can't help.

funniboi

HSC
I'd like to see something along the lines of banning a persons whole ip rather then just the username, to stop people evading the ban by re-making another account.

sunny

meh.
HSC
funniboi said:
I'd like to see something along the lines of banning a persons whole ip rather then just the username, to stop people evading the ban by re-making another account.
IP bannings have always been available but not always used because IPs can change.

funniboi

HSC
yeah I know, but isn't there something else you can do to stop ban evasion ?

Because once people get banned, all they do is just re-make another account, which makes the banning pretty pointless. :(

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yes we're looking at other things - some mods have put forward some very good ideas.

But in the meantime - it takes only several clicks to ban an account, but several minutes to make a new one.

funniboi

HSC
Yeah that's what I was thinking at first, because they have to register a new email and everything. And then they could use a proxy, and all these other ways so I thought i'd make a little suggestion that might spark up some ideas, though I might be out of place to suggest this (since I don't know what or what not has been suggested as you mentioned above) but nevertheless; I think that maybe you should take away the General section of the forum for new members for the first month or so, or at least until they reach a certain post limit in the subject forum? Just a suggestion. Also turning off postcounts for all sections except the school/subject subforums.

sunny

meh.
HSC
funniboi said:
I think that maybe you should take away the General section of the forum for new members for the first month or so, or at least until they reach a certain post limit in the subject forum? Just a suggestion. Also turning off postcounts for all sections except the school/subject subforums.
I think that was suggested to the admins at some stage, though I don't think they have actually gotten around to doing anything (theres a huge list of to-dos we've made for them). Thanks for the suggestions :)

3G'sMt5:16

HSC
I would like to see people actually doing there work in the Bored forums.... thye not doin antything about work... all they do is talk about it and never do it... like hello...

112days left!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)