• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What you hate about UNSW (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
ah, good old library lifts.

today i got into one of the lifts at level 2 (with a bunch of other people). once inside, people pressed levels 9 and 10 (someone tried to press 5 but that didn't seem to work at all). the buttons lit up and the lift moved up. it then stopped at level 8, which none of us had pressed, and where no one got into the lift.

the lift then proceeded to go all the way back down. to level 1.

we tried pressing the buttons again, and the lift didn't move at all, so we all got out and tried another lift. tried the same thing there, pressing levels 9 and 10, and - no movement.

"it's not moving at all, is it?" someone commented.

so we all trooped out of that one too and went our separate ways, after being pointlessly taken down a floor.

:rolleyes:

is this a regular occurence for those lifts?
Sounds about right.

The best is when the doors open half way between floors.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
didnt get to see this video in the maths lecture (resonance) after seeing tacoma bridge fail:

[youtube]eTWDEsGlPO8[/youtube]

Sounds about right.

The best is when the doors open half way between floors.
Mech Eng lifts do that too.
Another reason to go up flights of stairs on foot.

disko

Working Class Hero
HSC
Another reason to go up flights of stairs on foot.
A bit difficult when they've taped off lvl 4 (doesn't this violate some fire code?)

Those lifts are messed up, twice the doors have closed on me pretty hard, it's not too bad on its own but it did flash me back to that resident evil movie scene ...

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
Those lifts are messed up, twice the doors have closed on me pretty hard, it's not too bad on its own but it did flash me back to that resident evil movie scene ...
I know...the doors seem to be very enthusiastic about closing, it's like they've barely opened to let people on before they start shutting again really quickly.

I had another crazy lift adventure again yesterday, much the same as before except this time it also involved the doors not opening at all when we reached certain floors (had to press the 'door open' button), and we also ended up going randomly to floor eleven, which no one had pressed (we tried getting out and going down the stairs to level 10, but no, there was a locked door blocking our way. another fire hazard?). took us about five or so minutes total to actually make it to level 10, with many ups and downs to various unwanted floors in between.

disko

Working Class Hero
HSC
I know...the doors seem to be very enthusiastic about closing, it's like they've barely opened to let people on before they start shutting again really quickly.

I had another crazy lift adventure again yesterday, much the same as before except this time it also involved the doors not opening at all when we reached certain floors (had to press the 'door open' button), and we also ended up going randomly to floor eleven, which no one had pressed (we tried getting out and going down the stairs to level 10, but no, there was a locked door blocking our way. another fire hazard?). took us about five or so minutes total to actually make it to level 10, with many ups and downs to various unwanted floors in between.
Something you probably shouldn't watch
YouTube - TRAPPED IN AN ELEVATOR FOR 41 HOURS

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
omgosh, i've seen that before actually. :eek: 41 hours!

honestly, what with that, and the insane library lifts, and the fact that bad things always happen in movies/books when the main character gets in a lift, I ought to have an actual phobia of lifts by now. (luckily I don't.)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i have this feeling that one day the library lift doors will open and the lift will be about a metre lower than the actual level, so i'll climb through, but the lift will suddenly fall and chop me in half.

i think i had a dream about it once, :S

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
i have this feeling that one day the library lift doors will open and the lift will be about a metre lower than the actual level, so i'll climb through, but the lift will suddenly fall and chop me in half.

o_O

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC

something like that was in the movie "cube"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)