whats a good raw 4unit HSC mark? (2 Viewers)

bboyelement

HSC
i got 95 for 2005 ... many stupid mistakes but a few i couldnt do like inequality in question 8 and the conics, basically i got 3 marks in question 8. and i loved the mechanic in question 7 ... i thought it was a giveaway, also the induction was so annoying, took me a while to get it. all the rest were relatively easy.

bboyelement

HSC
LottoX said:
Min, Max => Derivative = 0
omg, im not the stupid man, so dont state the obvious... if you are trying to mock me then learn to give others some respect ... just because you have more posts doesnt mean shit...

shimmerz_777

HSC
everyone in here is heaps good. ive been counting on the fact that im an average 4u student to get an average mark in 4u that still would be better than only doing 2 and 3u, but i tried the 2002 paper and got 70 / 120, for me that was pretty good but even though now i start realising the day after how i could have answered other questions. from what ive heard that was an easy paper.
also the problem i have is i always seem to get stuff right the second time around after i find that i got it wrong, cause i then see all my stupid mistakes. its just frustrating

Riviet

HSC
N/A
bboyelement said:
dunno... i couldnt get the minimum value so i skipped it.
I got the minimum part but despite that, didn't bother with the rest of that part. :p

'05 was easy up until about Q6, I remember getting fed up (the paper seemed really long and drawn out) when looking through 7 and 8.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If only those lead-up questions were worth more than 1-2 marks. :p

Shady01

Currently: Destrying liver with celabatory "bevera
HSC
what I dont get is, you all say (not doubting it lol) that a 70 or 80 or 90/120 or whatever based on level of exam scales to e4, but what about those "superhuman/s" who get 110/120 or even 115/120. Wouldnt that work out to be over 100% scaled? becuase the gap is a solid 30-40 raw marks? This is of course asuming e4 is 90+ and not 85+

P

pLuvia

E4 is 90+, but its harder to get a higher HSC mark when you're already up there at the top, etc etc.
But 70,80,90/120 could be a low E4, depending on the year

bboyelement

HSC
Shady01 said:
what I dont get is, you all say (not doubting it lol) that a 70 or 80 or 90/120 or whatever based on level of exam scales to e4, but what about those "superhuman/s" who get 110/120 or even 115/120. Wouldnt that work out to be over 100% scaled? becuase the gap is a solid 30-40 raw marks? This is of course asuming e4 is 90+ and not 85+
if you read up on alignment you will understand, band is hsc so basically its HSC not UAI so there is no scaling involved what so ever... (i think im correct)
well basically if the top mark is like say 115 and depending on the amound of ppl scoring high marks, they will make cuts to place ppl in different bands ... say the cut is 93 .... so 115 would get an equivalent hsc aligned of :100 and 93 gets 90 ... so he just made into band 6 ...

3li

HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
Then the paper would be out of 200.

I loved those lead-up questions though. They made the set-up of the next parts so much easier. I really enjoyed 2005. I just hope 2006 is the same.
bahhaha though it was an easy paper, i cant really say it was enjoyable... wtf

vafa

HSC
N/A
I heard this true story when I was 7 years old. This story is about a Greek Mathematician Who was so sick and he was going to die and at the same time he was not able to solve a maths problem ( unfortunately I forgot the name of the mathematician). Some time later the other mathematician comes to visit this sick mathematician, the sick mathematician says to the other mathematician "please, show me how to solve the problem" and the other mathematician in response says" you are so sick, you are going to die and you are not in good condition's; what is the need to know the solution?". The sick mathematician says "tell me which on of these is the best chice: 1- I do not know the solution and I die as an idiot 2-I understand how to solve the problem and then I die".

I thinks this has a great conclusion at least for me and if you think about the word of this sick mathematician, you will find that there are a lot of meanings hidden in his words.

H

housemouse

I am confused now.

Maybe mathematicians should stick to their maths.

Trev

stix
HSC
I think he means that mathematicians shouldn't say things like that (philosophical things, or whatever) because it confused him when you said there are lots of meanings hidden in his words.

Yeah?

haque

HSC
I reckon how u feel on the day of ur exam is almost as important as ur ability as there are many people who have a capacity to do well but make stupid mistakes and stuff up-i say that from random guysgetting good marks(guys i know) and smart guys stuffing up-who i ould have thought would come in the top few in the state.

vafa

HSC
N/A
Can you say it more simpler?

sorry about that but english is my second language and I did not understand what you said.

gamecw

HSC
hes saying sum really smart ppl end up doing not as good as they shud be on the exam day.. so how u feel on the exam day is as important as ur ablility..
eg. stress and nervousness let u down on the day

on the other hand, sum average students may perform extremely well on the exam days and manage to get really high exam mark.

its irrelevant to ur story tho.. i think..

Edit: or r u refering to Trev's post? lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)