• Silvia

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Skyline

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Well since they havent made them for 6 years your going to have a hard time finding a new one.

michael1990

HSC
This is true ^^^

But maybe if you look hard enough, you would find a very well looked after one.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
If it's made it 6 years with factory rims and stereo I'm fairly sure it has not been thrashed.

michael1990

HSC
Azamakumar said:
If it's made it 6 years with factory rims and stereo I'm fairly sure it has not been thrashed.
Well you may be fairly mistaken.

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
BETER BETER BETER

TARD TARD TARD

Azamakumar said:
I always put stock rims and audio back before selling a car, I think everyone does.

I like to steer clear of Skylines etc because, as mentioned, they're shit and the ultimate stereotype of ricing hoon dorifto faggotry.

(Honda Preludes, on the other hand, are only driven by sensible enthusiasts. And aren't at all massif) </hypocrite>

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
michael1990 said:
They don't have to be stock to not have been thrashed.

DOUCHE
If you modify your car as if it's not gonna be thrashed. Not that it matters. RBs and SRs are hardcore engines.

breed obsession
HSC
Sacrifice said:
Rule #1: Don't buy a car off another P plater. Ever.
BUT BRO I CAN CUT YOU A SIK DEAL

IT HAS HUGE BLOWER VALVE AND MASSIF TURBOSS, ZERO TO A HUNGE IN FOUR SECS!

I bought my L's car for 2.2k on the side of the road, p's car for 6 from a wreckers yard, and now that it's been written off I'm looking at a 96 vtir Prelude for 8.2 in Victoria... and it's coming from a P Plater. Would could go wrong.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
47.46.45 said:
I always put stock rims and audio back before selling a car, I think everyone does.
Yeah well I'm sure most people would get a decent idea from the clutch's grip/boost pressure (seeing as half the cars he's listed are turbo)/idle speed etc.

But if that or 5k/year for insurance doesn't stop you, what could I possibly do?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Also out of curiousity, do japanese ECU's store engine data (top speed/kilometres etc) like VW's do?

breed obsession
HSC
Azamakumar said:
Yeah well I'm sure most people would get a decent idea from the clutch's grip/boost pressure (seeing as half the cars he's listed are turbo)/idle speed etc.
Valid.

If you want a stock, non thrashed, nice condition whatever you can usually import from Japan in nice nick. I hear the hoons there aren't as bad or something.

THAT SAID I think that skylines are generally shit value for money and you're just doing a great job of demonstrating what a cock eater you are. Dickhead massif drivers are ruining my life :(

Edit re ECU: I know some of the new ones do, but I doubt anything pre-2002 would. I actually read about one that limits max speed etc unless the inbuilt gps detects you're on an approved race track. Crazy.

michael1990

HSC
Azamakumar said:

But if that or 5k/year for insurance doesn't stop you, what could I possibly do?
As if most people buying a car would have any idea of such things.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
47.46.45 said:
Edit re ECU: I know some of the new ones do, but I doubt anything pre-2002 would. I actually read about one that limits max speed etc unless the inbuilt gps detects you're on an approved race track. Crazy.
I know VW's and Audi log engine speed as well as velocity, so they can void your warranty. On the upside it means you can check if it's been revved to like 9k or pushed to 200km.

On the other hand its a fucking bitch if your parents are kind of naive.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Sacrifice said:
Right up until they blow their head gaskets, one after another at 100,000kms.
Bullshit. I have friends with Skylines and Pulsars with over 100,000 kms and the head gaskets are fine. I think you're thinking of mitsubishis.

Edit: Also wankers ruin all the nice jap cars. I'd love a Rexy or Skyline because they are fun as hell to drive but their image is ruined by the kind of faggots who drive up and down George St. with 20" chrome rims.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)