What's involved? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm in yr 10. I didn't even think twice about picking up religion until yesterday. I have 11 units & our school requires 12. I was planning on doing 13units, but I'd have to study an offline subjects & I don't want to do that. Religion seemed the only subjects left that was a 1 unit course that counted towards my ATAR.

I know you learn about religion. But what exactly do you do? Are there heaps of essays involved?

lychnobity

HSC
I'm in yr 10. I didn't even think twice about picking up religion until yesterday. I have 11 units & our school requires 12. I was planning on doing 13units, but I'd have to study an offline subjects & I don't want to do that. Religion seemed the only subjects left that was a 1 unit course that counted towards my ATAR.

I know you learn about religion. But what exactly do you do? Are there heaps of essays involved?
Dunno about HSC, coz I dropped after prelim.

But it's easy, kinda interesting, and in year 12, I know for sure that there's only 6 exam questions they can test you on.

You learn more about the history of religion more I'd say, and the origins, and major components of its belief system.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A

HSC exam at 1 unit level only has one 20 mark essay (2 unit has two /20) + 1 /15 marker (three sections (a,b.c) of a max. mark of /6 per question-usually 3/6/6), a /5 mark short answer+10 multiple choice.

You can download the syllabus from Studies of Religion - Board of Studies NSW

HTH

SH

HSC
its dead easy do it.
i did no work all year and still ended up with 90% in the trials after 1hr of study and an overall rank of 2nd.
it can get a bit dull depending on which religions you study but honestly its so easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)