what's the best way to study for English? (1 Viewer)

nekobutterfly

HSC
Hey :p i was wondering what the best way to study for English was because i need to improve majorly and i don't think my method is working well.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
What is your method?
Do some practice essays or read over notes on your texts, that should help.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
I dont full stop.
I pay attention in class and ask the teacher or my parents to explain something if I keep getting my homework wrong.

*IcePrincess*

HSC
sophie1989 said:
essaay essays and essaaayys just keep writing em
I get an essay question every week from my teacher on all the topics we've done so far. Most of the time the feedback I get is okay and I find it easier to study from my mistakes. But if you have a go at this and it doesnt help, try getting bits of your work marked by another teacher. A fresh perspective might be what you need.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ you must be doing hell of a lot of essays per week

our teacher leaves it to us to do the essay writing. but yeah there is no one way to study for this.

you do need a good understanding of the basic ideas and themes involved, sometimes its helpful to write notes
but in the end you gtta practice your essays.

jazzy boi

HSC
have u thought about reading and anylsing the text for its meanings i.e literal, symbolical. also i find just readin books and remebering techniques as one of the bets ways to study for english techniques are one of th emost important things in english if u know them then u can find meanings as to wat the composer is saying...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)