What's wrong with the Halo series (1 Viewer)

Inneed

HSC
I mean, Halo 2 and 3? I consider all the games to be f excellent value? Do people actually criticize the games on their flaws, or the fact that there so damn popular, they criticize for the sake of criticism?

TheStallion

HSC
A lot of people rip on the games just to be different, so really like you said - just because the games are popular. It's the same with everything - courts ripping on Microsoft just because they're the biggest company, even though millions of other companies violate the same acts that Microsoft alone are sued for.

Anyway, back on topic - Halo is alright, but it's not the best. I prefer realism when it comes to shooters though, so that's probably why I don't own anything more than Halo 1 on PC. If Halo 3 did come onto PC, I would probably buy it.

What I do love about Halo 3 is the achievements that you earn in-game... the little badge/coin things. Adds a lot of fun trying to get them, and it serves as a great reward for doing something awesome, like a triple kill or whatever.

anom1ly

HSC
theres nothing wrong with the halo series.

all the people i know who don't like halo, own a playstation, or their really noob

yer8899

HSC
A lot of people rip on the games just to be different, so really like you said - just because the games are popular. It's the same with everything - courts ripping on Microsoft just because they're the biggest company, even though millions of other companies violate the same acts that Microsoft alone are sued for.

Anyway, back on topic - Halo is alright, but it's not the best. I prefer realism when it comes to shooters though, so that's probably why I don't own anything more than Halo 1 on PC. If Halo 3 did come onto PC, I would probably buy it.

What I do love about Halo 3 is the achievements that you earn in-game... the little badge/coin things. Adds a lot of fun trying to get them, and it serves as a great reward for doing something awesome, like a triple kill or whatever.
which suburb in the blue mountains do u live?

Uncle

Banned
HSC
theres nothing wrong with the halo series.

all the people i know who don't like halo, own a playstation, or their really noob
i found:

call of duty 4 to be better.

and then there is modern warfare 2:

but hope lady gag isnt in it.
but maybe with a perk called Pokerface where you may deal more and take more damage sometimes/

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I like the Halo games, but it's a similar story to bands like metallica. The actual product is pretty good, but you look at the wanker fans and think "They're so shit, I don't want to be like them, so I will hate what they like to be sure."

Sonata

HSC
onli played halo on the pc, was a decent game. games probably overated or so

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Only became shit when MS pushed for H2 to be brought out before it was completed.

Heres a story:

Microsoft was getting the push from fans and other annoying arseholes to get halo 2 out before release. Bungie, originally penning the story arc as a two game story (due to the huge success of the H:CE) were put under pressure from microsoft (their sponsors) and got the game out way to early, as can bee seen by the shitty button glitches everyone exploited. Bungie had to leave the last 3 missions out of H2, which would of finished the story arc, and because of this had to stretch this missions into a whole new campaign.

Once halo 3 was pumped out Bungie immediately separated from MS and started developing Reach in secret and ODST. H:Wars was developed by Ensemble Studios but tried to stay in the same Universe or story line as Bungie had conceived it. Wars was a flop due to being released onto a console, and Reach, by the sounds of it will bring the story arc back to the beginning where the Spartan II's were conceived with a new playing style (Probably squad based due to the subtle hints and the line of Spartans silhouetted against the planet Reach.

ODST will be a expansion of sorts to the H3 experience, bringing in a popular feature called FireFight. Similar to survival types, it adds extra spark by throwing in points and skulls to mess with peoples playing styles.
Bungie is also keeping an eye on Halo Legends, the new Anime series conceived by MS. If something goes amiss, i can assure you Bungie, and its members, will Boycott MS until H:L is fixed or removed from our existence.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
great game.
as has been previously confirmed, you are pure shit.
especially a comment coming from bloodsucker whose brain is filled with dust.
shit you have a dustmite colony or even civlisation in you head.
and take try to give head to count dracula but his phallus disappear in cloud of dust before you whent to have a suck.

Blobulator

HSC
Eh, I don't necessarily see anything *wrong* with the Halo series. It just gets a tad too much hype for what it is. Sure it's fun, but it's not the greatest FPS out there (and that said, I actually don't like CoD: Modern Warfare either).

Fine for what it is, and no major gameplay flaws that I can see in terms of the multiplayer, other than douche-esque pre-pubescents who like to swear on mic with every 5th word. Single player could be a bit more captivating though, I found that quite boring without a companion to play on co-op. It's just very stagnant and linear progression.. rinse and repeat...

But hey, the uber-fans seem to love it, so why stop?

Kolefax

HSC
Halo is a good game. And they did always try to improve.
Halo had the greatest story of the three, but the gameplay always left something to be desired. (For me, that goddamn damn pistol for multiplayer.)

Halo 2 shouldn't have been rushed. The gameplay was alright, but the storyline was under par.

Halo 3 has great gameplay, as is evident that so many people are still playing online. but the short, and admitedly, disappointing story, was just that. disappointing.

Halo wars. Honestly, it would be alright if you got like, 5 friends together and played massive 3v3 matches or something. otherwise it was pretty lame.

I reckon ODST will be good. non-linear campaign will put in replayability of campaign, always a good thing.Firefight will bring in a multiplayer mode that you dont need to egt a bunch of friends for, which for people who dont have live, and have a douch of a brother(like me) have always been wanting.

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC
Halo is a good game. And they did always try to improve.
Halo had the greatest story of the three, but the gameplay always left something to be desired. (For me, that goddamn damn pistol for multiplayer.)

Halo 2 shouldn't have been rushed. The gameplay was alright, but the storyline was under par.

Halo 3 has great gameplay, as is evident that so many people are still playing online. but the short, and admitedly, disappointing story, was just that. disappointing.

Halo wars. Honestly, it would be alright if you got like, 5 friends together and played massive 3v3 matches or something. otherwise it was pretty lame.

I reckon ODST will be good. non-linear campaign will put in replayability of campaign, always a good thing.Firefight will bring in a multiplayer mode that you dont need to egt a bunch of friends for, which for people who dont have live, and have a douch of a brother(like me) have always been wanting.

Yeah i agree.. The Halo 3 story ending was okay but i think Master Chief dies... Hope they make a Halo 4

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Obviously havnt played it on Legendary have you?

And God forbid a Halo 4, we dont need to milk the story arc anymore.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)