What's your IQ? (1 Viewer)

o_o"
HSC
LOL I got a 135 on the tickle.com IQ test.
Probably bullshit anyway

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually the tickle one is quite accurate... it's not as good as getting a real test but I would say it is the best on the net as far as I know. I got pretty close to my IQ evaluation which was around the 124 mark.

N.B. 135+ is classed as extremely gifted and 140+ is Genius.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
I reckon IQ tests over the internet are bullshit. it's just a bit of visualising, vocab, maths, etc. Actually the majority of the questions are maths and english vocab.
They dont test your common sense, ability to problem solve, etc.

I scored 115 in my first test, 125 in another, and then 140 in a different one. Not very accurate is it ?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I do agree... many of them are dodgy, but the tickle one was the most accurate and did test maths, history, science, vocab/english, common sense/knowledge, problem solving and visual problems (my favourite).

ikDG

HSC
IQ tests are stupid.

They're just there to make people feel better about themselves.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol. They prove your intelligence in one sense but in many other aspects they are only there for bragging rights! lol :). Plus I only made this topic for a little fun anyway...

shaon0

HSC
Lol....i did one on www.highiqsociety.com and got 157...but online IQ tests are crap.
They usually want to make money and just give these tests so you sign up fo 29.95 a month or something. It's all commercial.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
You got 157 on that site? WOW! That's amazing. I tried that and could only get 119 as my IQ... you need 124 to join the 'club' lol. Well Done. Though that site really only tests alot of visual and maths questions... not a decent evaluation.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Aquawhite said:
Lol. They prove your intelligence in one sense but in many other aspects they are only there for bragging rights! lol :). Plus I only made this topic for a little fun anyway...
lol Pretty interesting topic to talk about though. A friend told me that Asians have average IQ of 110, and that aussies have average IQ of 120. She said that asians are not smart but are just try hards. True or not?

And also, my english teacher said that:

- James Ruse: IQ 140
- Other fully selective schools: 130
- 0-150 ranked Partially selective: 125

lol its funny seeing other people's perception of IQ.

shaon0

HSC
nerdsforever said:
lol Pretty interesting topic to talk about though. A friend told me that Asians have average IQ of 110, and that aussies have average IQ of 120. She said that asians are not smart but are just try hards. True or not?

And also, my english teacher said that:

- James Ruse: IQ 140
- Other fully selective schools: 130
- 0-150 ranked Partially selective: 125

lol its funny seeing other people's perception of IQ.
IQ is not really useful unless you are using your brain to its full potential and actually doing a PhD or masters or something.
In everyday circumstances IQ is not very useful.

shaon0

HSC
Aquawhite said:
You got 157 on that site? WOW! That's amazing. I tried that and could only get 119 as my IQ... you need 124 to join the 'club' lol. Well Done. Though that site really only tests alot of visual and maths questions... not a decent evaluation.
You shouldn't believe that stuff, if you get a personal IQ test with a professional like a Psychiologist then you will get an accurate IQ test, otherwise its not very accurate.
My 157 on that site doesn't mean much. I obviously don't have an IQ of 157 or i would be a genius which i clearly am not.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Well actually the average persons IQ in Australia is 98-110. There is no particularly 'smarter' racial group. I don't think any such test has ever been conducted because it is such a huge scale. The 'asian' people are considered smart because they put in soo much effort. They are dedicated to their studies and have an amazing work ethic and work load.

Yes, IQ is supposed to be your Intelligence Quotient... I would rather think of it as an estimate into to how good you are at solving things in a small amount of time. IQ is testing knowledge that you don't specifically remember but just know... it sticks there because it's either interesting or you may well be a genius.

Apparently I am a 'visual mathematician'. I rather IQ tests that look at what kind of thinker you are. Logical, Ethical, English-like (geez I can't remember the name now).... etc. Everyone is different.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Boxxxhead said:
The guy who said online IQ tests are bullshit is right, with the exception of a few of them. Most of them are more like a collection of random riddles, rather than actually having varying difficulties and testing your brainpower.

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf is an example of a pretty good test. It's based upon Raven's progressive matrices, so is culture fair too, and is based on the answers of 250 000 people.

Also, after actually sending this test to a few people, the answers seem to be more accurate. People I know who get 80s UAIs seemed to get between 110 and 120, which makes sense coz those 2 values cut off about 75% of the pop (110) and 91% of the pop (120).

Of course, it won't compare to a test by a professional psychologist, but it's probably the best you'll find online.

BTW it's capped at 145 I think.
I got 133 lol. Looks dodgy though.

http://i38.tinypic.com/25hh0ty.jpg

shaon0

HSC
Aquawhite said:
Well actually the average persons IQ in Australia is 98-110. There is no particularly 'smarter' racial group. I don't think any such test has ever been conducted because it is such a huge scale. The 'asian' people are considered smart because they put in soo much effort. They are dedicated to their studies and have an amazing work ethic and work load.

Yes, IQ is supposed to be your Intelligence Quotient... I would rather think of it as an estimate into to how good you are at solving things in a small amount of time. IQ is testing knowledge that you don't specifically remember but just know... it sticks there because it's either interesting or you may well be a genius.

Apparently I am a 'visual mathematician'. I rather IQ tests that look at what kind of thinker you are. Logical, Ethical, English-like (geez I can't remember the name now).... etc. Everyone is different.
There are linguistic geniuses ie. William Shakespeare, Mathematical geniuses ie. Isaac Newton, Einstein etc. There are also Universal geniuses who are good at various intelligences ie. Leonardo Da Vinci.
Imo, I don't think someone can be a genius unless they have a certain IQ or have proved that they are at a level that they can be considered a genius.
btw, I am a "mathematical genius" even though i am not a genius according to random internet based IQ tests.

A few years ago there was a test they ran on Channel Nine i think which you had 50 questions i think and you could 'play along at home.'
That was pretty large scale and you could enter the IQ's you got online and Channel Nine would statistically analyse it.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Just to clarify with people... a true IQ evaluation is capped at 170. A phsycologist cannot evaluate anything higher... well whatever they call themselves who evaluate you. The online tests are often capped around 145-160 (as said, they aren't very reliable though).

If you want a true IQ which might be useful to know if you want to apply for a selective school... you should talk to your local Phsycologist or even the GP can sometimes recommend places to be evaluated. Otherwise check with Google :)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Aquawhite said:
Just to clarify with people... a true IQ evaluation is capped at 170. A phsycologist cannot evaluate anything higher... well whatever they call themselves who evaluate you. The online tests are often capped around 145-160 (as said, they aren't very reliable though).

If you want a true IQ which might be useful to know if you want to apply for a selective school... you should talk to your local Phsycologist or even the GP can sometimes recommend places to be evaluated. Otherwise check with Google :)
Wtf?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
shaon0 said:
There are linguistic geniuses ie. William Shakespeare, Mathematical geniuses ie. Isaac Newton, Einstein etc. There are also Universal geniuses who are good at various intelligences ie. Leonardo Da Vinci.
Imo, I don't think someone can be a genius unless they have a certain IQ or have proved that they are at a level that they can be considered a genius.
btw, I am a "mathematical genius" even though i am not a genius according to random internet based IQ tests.

A few years ago there was a test they ran on Channel Nine i think which you had 50 questions i think and you could 'play along at home.'
That was pretty large scale and you could enter the IQ's you got online and Channel Nine would statistically analyse it.
Yes, I watched that and participated at home. Although the lowest age was 18. :(. I compared to mum's age... (back then) 39. and I was smarter than her, by 1. lol hahaha I was so proud. We both kinda cheated off each other though :D.

There was also a British show called I'm a Kid Genius. it would show you extremely gifted children with the ability of knowing soo much more than they should. They would whoop my ass! One kid knew how to perform calculus and he was 6. The parents couldn't even do it properly... (they were lawyer and a teacher) and claimed to have never taught the child. That is just a freak of nature.
Though the show was quite interesting to watch. I did notice that the 'less intelligent' of there Kid Genius' tended to have a better social life and lived more like a child... playing with little silly things. I felt sorry for those that hang around adults and played cards/chess all day! :(

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
some selective schools look for students with high IQ's. it says in the school thingo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)