When studying for maths (1 Viewer)

fb07

HSC
ok after feeling like total shit sitting my trials for math.. i've decided that it's time i pull my up my math marks (in the hsc) to the 90s that i used to get .. once upon a time :eek: :(

anyway, i've noticed that whenever i try to sit and study for math.. i always either start off with really easy questions and hence bore myself to death .. or go to questions i have difficulty with and get nowhere..

Where is it best to start off studying for maths? How do you study? Is it better to start off with past papers and work on questions individually with the aid of a textbook .. or learn the concepts then try the past papers and is it good to skip the easy questions .. or do they build up your knowledge? Just curious on how others go about this.. :)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
what are you really bad at first of all? it's no point doing past paper after past paper if you have no idea how to do the topic in the first place. after you have some confidence in your weaknesses, then start doing practice papers in the allotted time. maths is all about practice, and the more you practise, the better you will get.

MarsBarz

HSC
I say do it topic by topic. First brush up on all the concepts of a topic, and once you have that down get yourself one of those past hsc exam books that list past hsc questions by topics. If you don't understand a question they have full answers which realy help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)