• Eventually, just not sure

Votes: 57 15.7%
  • I'm staying as long as I can!

Votes: 29 8.0%

• Total voters

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Not until I finish uni and get a teaching place/reliable casual work.

UNLESSSSS I manage to obtain a job that allows me to work around uni and still earn enough to live outside home BY MYSELF because I'm sure as fuck not living with any messy, plate-breaking, non-toilet-cleaning, non-meat-eating Newtown bastards. I'm clean, quiet and I love to bake delicious things and I don't want people mooching off my goodness.

However, I've decided that I'm slowly going to build myself a nice glory box type thing complete with everything I need to move out, like plates and a mixmaster. I already have... an icecream maker and a juicer. Not the most essential appliances but useful nevertheless.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
scarybunny said:
Not until I finish uni and get a teaching place/reliable casual work.

UNLESSSSS I manage to obtain a job that allows me to work around uni and still earn enough to live outside home BY MYSELF because I'm sure as fuck not living with any messy, plate-breaking, non-toilet-cleaning, non-meat-eating Newtown bastards. I'm clean, quiet and I love to bake delicious things and I don't want people mooching off my goodness.

However, I've decided that I'm slowly going to build myself a nice glory box type thing complete with everything I need to move out, like plates and a mixmaster. I already have... an icecream maker and a juicer. Not the most essential appliances but useful nevertheless.
When you buy your mix-master, get a red one. They go faster :uhhuh:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
DownInFlames said:
When you buy your mix-master, get a red one. They go faster :uhhuh:
Shya. There's one brand I see at DJs which has like matching sets of stuff, like red mixmaster, kettle, mixing bowls, frying pans etc. That's what I want.

But if it comes in pink, there's no contest. As long as it's tough enough to blend cream cheese.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
this thread reminds me how much i want to move out :( oh so badly. i'd happily live at home if my parents didn't live in McFail-town, though.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Tulipa said:
I have a deadline :( I'm going to try to do it around July (semester break) otherwise it has to be at the end of this year.
Same deadline i set myself...need a better paying job though with flexible hours for uni and moar money in general, which hasn't been the easiest thing to do of late :\

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Why would you do that if you already live near uni? :D
Before I decided what I wanted to do, I knew I wanted to go somewhere far, far away from home. But as it turned out, my other options were in Sydney. So here I am.

Also, I will be able to watch you from my window with binoculars this way.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
goony said:
Same deadline i set myself...need a better paying job though with flexible hours for uni and moar money in general, which hasn't been the easiest thing to do of late :\
I have enough money to move out now if I wanted to though :(

It's just the people end of this whole thing that sucks.

K

katie_tully

Captain Gh3y said:
CSU has speech pathology... for that matter so does Curtin Uni over in WA. I think Newcastle isn't so bad compared to those places but :D
Oh gosh STOP WITH THE CSU BASHING. MY SOUL DIES EVERY TIME.

Man, you make it sound like UWS :(

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
scarybunny said:
Agree, I have pretty much all the basic furniture (being oldest child is win for this) and am accumulating miscellaneous other household stuff as well. Eg: For Christmas my bf and I got, from his parents; a kettle, vacuum cleaner, blender and mixmaster, towels and sheets.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
Tulipa said:
I'm too scared to live alone :eek:
Agree. If I manage to get a place before himself gets a job and moves, I'm going to either be going home-home 3 nights a week or asking people to come stay over. BoS boarding house :p

beaks

HSC
I figure a few months into having a full-time job. That way I'll already have some routine, and a little bit of money to buy things like a couch and some sweet lava lamps when I start renting a dodgy flat or similar.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Tulipa said:
I'm too scared to live alone :eek:
I'm not saying everyone will experience this, since I lost contact with my parents too, but even when I moved in with two friendly strangers, I would be so lonely when they went out and I didn't. I just felt so incredibly pressured to be doing something ALL the time. I couldn't face myself alone at all. I'd go through a massive anxiety attack and go through my phone to find anyone to hang out with. It was such a weird experience to feel like I needed to go out all the time. And in the rare chance that I was alone in the house, like if I couldn't sleep, I got really depressed.

I don't know how Chris Singh does it. Living with 5 other people now and it's that much better.

I suppose it's only when you've finally settled and consider the actual building you live in as "home" rather than someplace that stores your stuff and you sleep in, then you can be comfortable living alone.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Friend has the same problem. Whenever her room mates are out she gets depressed. Maybe it's just a part of their personalities. I tend to see everyone as being more extroverted than I am. I'd probably handle living alone very well since I do it all the time.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Stevo. said:
Friend has the same problem. Whenever her room mates are out she gets depressed. Maybe it's just a part of their personalities. I tend to see everyone as being more extroverted than I am. I'd probably handle living alone very well since I do it all the time.
I think i'd be fine alone because it's when I'm surrounded by people that my world feels most like a dark, empty abyss *puffs cigarette*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)