Where do you keep your plates? (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
7th Sign said:
yeah also your attitude matters, i have learnt in the past not to be asmart ass or your fine will go up very fast :(

i thought it was general knowledge not to act like a dickhead in front of cops

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
I've got the static P plates. They stick to the inside of the windscreen/rear window pretty well. Although the car has Tinted windows and you cant see the rear one very well...

daman

HSC
speed2 said:
i dont wanna use magnetic 1s cause cheap asses will probably steal em. so i stick them to the front and rear windscreen
this might be stupid but cant you stick those flat ones to the inside of your back windscreen. im not sure if the signs are magnetic but ive seen them stuck to the inside of the back glass

nit

HSC
tucked into numberplate both front and rear and also in the front and rear windscreens.

phungus

HSC
Well correct me if i'm wrong but...if you cannot see the L plates properly because of the dark window tint then isn't it the rule that you are not allowed to use the car for the driving test (and i assume for practicing driving as well)?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
One magnetic one on the back. (Ls still - couple more months till Ps)
One of those stick on the window things on the front.
Eh...it works, our magnetic one is fairly old but i've no issues with it.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I personally use the ones with the adhesive on the windshield/rear window... bought some magnetic ones as well but heard they damage your paint if you leave them on in the one spot for more than a week.

Where to buy? You can get 'em at Kmart for <$3 I think... or Autojoy for <$4 a pair. You can also get them from some service stations.
(this applies to the adhesive ones btw- but I think magnetic are also same price)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Front - p-plater holder attached to the number plate.
Rear - magnetic p-plate that is only on display when I am driving (to protect the paint from excessive and damaging scarring and to foil the plans of the bloody p-plate thieves who occasionally prowl the parking lots).

CieL

HSC
I just use the RTA plastic ones... and slip them between the glass and.. whatever's towards the inside of the glass

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yenta said:
Yeah and they may stick to the car permanently...that happened with me, I put a magnetic one on the bonnet and left it there for ages, when I went to peel it off half of it ripped off and the other half was like melted onto the bonnet...must've melted in the sun or something. I had to get it off when the car got detailed. So yeah magnetic ones are evil.

My front plate is on the number plate in between the plastic frame that goes around the edge and the number plate itself. On the back it's wedged under the number plate

exact same thing fucking happened to me.
on the back i went to take it of to clean the car, an the magnetic stuff was left on the car, fucking hell the shit ain comming off either, it's baked on like concrete

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
My car was a basterd to get plates for, i tried the window ones but the tint doesn't allow the stick on ones because they just fall off. For the front i have one of them brackets which is cool, but my numberplate on the back is sunken into the bumper so i couldnt have a bracket and i couldn't stuff the plates there because theres no room, i couldn't have the magnetic ones because i have nowhere to put them on the back. which left me with one other option, the suction cap plates. so i have one of those on the back window.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Nowdays I have:

The metal plate holder thing attached to the license plate
And instead of using the one in the front, I stick my plate in the bottom left corner of the dash.

Kabeio

k.
HSC
The RTA plastic ones, put them behind the number plates.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
DaddyK said:
My car was a basterd to get plates for, i tried the window ones but the tint doesn't allow the stick on ones because they just fall off.
Why would the tint not allow them to stick on? I thought tinting was done on the outside of the car, and the window ones are adhesive on the P plate side (ie. the side with the P plate design) and hence are affixed to the inside of the car.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I use the ones that stick inside the windows. They are visible enough but I like that they aren't as obvious as the ones that are outside the car.

Since I drive a ute my rear one is halfway up the car and there is a metal grill behind the window. You can still see it clearly it's just nowhere near the license plate where you would expect it to be.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I just like the fact that they are visible, stay (ie. they don't fall over), and people can't nick 'em.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)