Where do you reckon is the best suburb to live in Sydney? (1 Viewer)

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
oh my god, all these places mentioned are deplorable.

north sydney, neutral bay, paddington, glebe, darlinghurst are probably the best in terms of relative niceness, convenience, and closeness to the cbd.

johony

HSC
paddington
darlinghurst
mosman
some parts of surry hills
birchgrove (despite adlays)
brighton-le-sands (seriously)
enmore/newtown
killara/pymble area

whoever said bankstown needs to get out of the shithole a bit more. as a resident, bankstown sucks, but thank god it's not as bad as fairfield or punchbowl

johony

HSC
aussie-boy said:
*rhodes
*pyrmont
*the end of glebe point
*around parsley bay, vaucluse
*rouse hill
*prince henry at little bay
the newer side of rhodes is really, really nice.

but rouse hill, seriously?

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
I think Woolloomooloo is Sydney’s most underrated suburb.

It’s a quiet, leafy inner city suburb surrounded by the CBD, botanical gardens, Woolloomooloo Bay, Potts point, Kings Cross and Darlinghurst. The local schools include St Mary’s Cathedral College & Plunkett St, whilst St Vinnie’s & SGEGGS, are about 15 minutes walk. There are two major hospitals within a short walking distance, along with libraries (a community library & the state library that is just up the road), The Art Gallery of NSW, community centres, parks, bars, cafes, celebrities etc.

I think all the inner city suburbs (bar the bad part of Redfern) are the best places in Sydney. I can honestly say that there’s no where that I’d rather live.

Due to my perpetually late nature, I think I’d seriously struggle to hold a job or go to school or anything if I had to travel anything over 15 minutes...

Google Map it, it’s a gorgeous suburb.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Rhodes and Rouse Hill? Fucking lol. Inner-west ftw, I like Leichardt.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
newtown is lovely, but i don't think i'd actually do very well living there, because i still have a bit of snob in me so some newtownites are a bit terrifying.
so that's why i like glebe a bit more, because i guess it's just a bit more of an upper middle-class ponce-fest.

aussie-boy

HSC
johony said:
the newer side of rhodes is really, really nice.

but rouse hill, seriously?
yeah seriously...
the new town centre there is essentially a mini european town with little streets, lots of cafes and community facilities, shops, parks and mid rise (like max 7 story) apartments looking over everything
its all brand new and has been designed by top architects
i agree that the other parts of rouse hill (suburbia) is not desirable at all
its won awards and is pretty much the first quality development west of newington to be built in Sydney

hmmm and to everyone saying darlinghurst, newtown etc....
i dont know how you can live in such enclosed areas, all the tiny houses surrounded by walls and none having any nice sunny yards to relax in
personally, i need to be able to look out of my house and see a view, whether it be a valley, park, or water and i need lots of high quality open space around

Last edited:

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
aussie-boy said:
yeah seriously...
the new town centre there is essentially a mini european town with little streets, lots of cafes and community facilities, shops, parks and mid rise (like max 7 story) apartments looking over everything
its won awards and is pretty much the first quality development west of newington to be built in Sydney

i dont know how you can live in such enclosed areas, all the tiny houses surrounded by walls and none having any nice sunny yards to relax in
personally, i need to be able to look out of my house and see a view, whether it be a valley, park, or water and i need lots of high quality open space around
a good friend of mine's dad owns that wholleee complex in the rhodes
they live in the penthouse of the main building. it spans over like 4 levels and is the most coolest house i had ever had the pleasure of being inside

it's just so fucking cool

johony

HSC
aussie-boy said:
yeah seriously...

hmm..it seems a bit too barren and crappy suburbian landscape. the town centre is pretty nice though, i have to agree.

i reckon castle hill is better if i had to pick an outer west suburb. the place is a tad nicer, and the last time i was there castle towers was up the brim of gorgeous women. probably all faggot hating evangelists though.

and the point of living in an inner city suburb is that you're near everything.
obviously if you want a quarter acre block you'd move far away from the city.

aussie-boy

HSC
johony said:
hmm..it seems a bit too barren and crappy suburbian landscape. the town centre is pretty nice though, i have to agree.

and the point of living in an inner city suburb is that you're near everything.
obviously if you want a quarter acre block you'd move far away from the city.
yeah thats why i excluded everywhere outside the town centre from being nice

on point 2... no im very happy to live in a terrace or apartment, as long as it is very sunny, has expansive views and lots of parkland around - hence why i would live on glebe point, in pyrmont and at rhodes while i could never live in newtown or darlinghurst

BeHuY

HSC
I'd say Cabramatta is the best place in Sydney. Absolutely, a beautiful place with a great close-knit community.

johony

HSC
i'd agree with the fact that cabramatta has a great community, but i wouldn't call it visually beautiful. it's certainly a shadow of cabramatta in the 90s however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)