where has chivalry gone? (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Women aren't all the same. Some like it. Some hate it. Depends on the person.

Males get confused because on one hand girl A loves the act, whilst on the other, girl B gives him a full on lecture about feminism.

Guys should just fuck off the bitches that don't appreciate it. (or more politely, learn that they don't like it and refrain from doing so in future). Not everyone is the same.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That the dude was pussy whipped hard! haha :p

HSC
Komaticom said:
Being chivalrous is beign "nice", and guys are reluctant to be "nice" because it gets them NOWHERE.
But some of us are born "nice"/chivalrous and that's our loss.
Being a nice person all depends on your personality, never born with it but being nice does get you nowhere its true, girls are way too sceptical too assume a guy is just trying too be nice because believe or not, being a nice person makes yourself feel good. At work I'm no longer a nice person to the customer unless they are initially, girls get this impression because theyre good looking im helping them more, how else could I? I sell any random product based on questions/answers, not whether your blonde, old, young doesnt really bother me

davin

HSC
N/A
think the key thing is just if you feel better about yourself cuz you're nice even not getting anything out of it. that just tends to encompass chivalry

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
For me I am always holding the door for people at work and I do notice that they ignore me when I am in uniform, but when I am wearing normal clothes (ie. when I am not working and happen to be a work doing stuff for dad) I get thankyous and strange looks combined and embarassed chicks (between 14 and 20) but older ladies like it (ie 21 year olds and up) so i think it could be our generation/the generation below us!

Prime example that disputes this is when I was walking away from a pub in melbourne with someone I didn't want to be forced to walk with but did for the fact that he had drunk about 3 cans in 4 hours nad was all but passed out and was trying to lie on the road (in hinesight I should have let him) and he grabbed one of the tables outside as the chick was packing up, I stop him straight away and put the table back where it was nad she abuses the fuck out of me! So be warned there are nasty biatches who are exceptions to the rules!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Nashie said:
For me I am always holding the door for people at work and I do notice that they ignore me when I am in uniform, but when I am wearing normal clothes (ie. when I am not working and happen to be a work doing stuff for dad) I get thankyous and strange looks combined and embarassed chicks (between 14 and 20) but older ladies like it (ie 21 year olds and up) so i think it could be our generation/the generation below us!

Prime example that disputes this is when I was walking away from a pub in melbourne with someone I didn't want to be forced to walk with but did for the fact that he had drunk about 3 cans in 4 hours nad was all but passed out and was trying to lie on the road (in hinesight I should have let him) and he grabbed one of the tables outside as the chick was packing up, I stop him straight away and put the table back where it was nad she abuses the fuck out of me! So be warned there are nasty biatches who are exceptions to the rules!
no, the nasty bitches arent the exception to the rule, they are a slightly exagerated form of the norm,infact they are pretty much the rule. The girls that dont yell at you or make a snide remark are just not brave enough to yell a man down[ we are bigger remember] and the exception to the rule is the girl who takes it as a compliment

old women, like grandmas always appreciate it if you open the door for them[ i dont do it cause iam chivilrious, i do it cause they are old, frail and i dont wanna see t hem snap their back when they fall over from trying to open the door]
so do women above say 30, this could be a generation issue like you said, but i think its more because they are older more mature, and even if they feel a tiny bit insulted or feel like making a coment, they are wise enough to see you are just trying to do the nice thing[not trying to get in their pants] so they are more likely to smile or thank you

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
like so many people have said, things like holding doors open aren't about chivalry, they're about courtesy. it shouldn't matter who you're doing it for, it should be an act of kindness, not an effort to get into a girl's pants.

boys that say nice guys don't get anywhere are obviously not acting in such a way for the sake of being 'nice', but because they want some sort of return for it. treat people nicely and they'll treat you nicely in return (except maybe for some stupid feminists). it's the same with ANYTHING. saying 'we get nowhere boohoo' shows you're TRYING to be chivalrous and you're just shitty cos it's not getting you any.

btw i didn't read any of the long posts so if these things have been addressed then whatever.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i think you'll find you're generalising, as i for one am very much attracted to boys who show good manners and common courtesy. i don't mean over the top romance or anything like that, i mean commonsense when it comes to interacting with others. anyway, are you that insecure in your status as a 'nice' girl that you'd seriously consider changing it so you can have more 'interesting' conversations? if the girls you talk to NOW aren't going for yr shtick, changing it won't make them like you. just be yourself and grow some confidence and you'll find someone who likes you even if you ARE a nice guy, believe it or not, some girls like that.

davin

HSC
N/A
see, the thing i tend to get is "you're a good guy, i wish there were more like you" or "why can't i find a guy like you in more convienient setting" (ok, thats not a quote, but the idea is there)
girls seem to like the idea but not the reality.

wait, nm...appearances do me in. forgot.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I fucking hate feminism, yet I also loathe old-fashioned chivalry. Good thing both of them are losing momentum.

Skeeta

HSC
its not so much chivalry but politeness i like.. I mean if i'm first to the door, i'll open it for a guy, or if they've got heaps of stuff to carry, i'll help them carry it

all i could ask is that they'd do the same

I'm not into the whole "throw your jacket over a puddle so my shoes dont get wet thing"
lol

stacey**

HSC
I think it's very important (and extremely attractive!!) in a guy, mainly because it's so rare these days. There is a difference between being kind, polite and gentlemanly and belittling girls though, ie open doors for them but dont tell them they need you to count change and if they insist they pay for themselves, let them. Some girls are fussy with that they like to be independent but you can still be gentlemanly. The guy im half into a relationship with at the moment is just like a 19th Century gentleman, treats me with respect, and i think thats the main part of chivalry. But he is awesome, always looking after you but respecting and admiring the fact that you are not just a pretty face and a body but have an intelligent mind and well-formed opinions. In my books, thats how guys should be. And gentlemanly qualities are definately hot!

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
chivalry is dead, and it is NOT guys fault either.

most of the problems girls have they bring it on themselves. That's why we have the 'bimbo' label thrown around so much.

HSC
the chivalry thing opens a whole can of worms
- firstly, if you do open a door for a women, let her stand up first or let her walk in front of you when shes moving from her seat she either thinks youre after to get into her pants, or the occasional "thank you"; when i get wierd looks i get the shits because they think im upto something
- secondly, when you treat a girl with chivalry alot of them think that you are a pansy and you are probably stuck in the "nice guy" domain in which you score no action at all and so many girls love it when a guy is dominant over them

HSC
Casmira said:
the chivalry thing opens a whole can of worms
- firstly, if you do open a door for a women, let her stand up first or let her walk in front of you when shes moving from her seat she either thinks youre after to get into her pants, or the occasional "thank you"; when i get wierd looks i get the shits because they think im upto something
- secondly, when you treat a girl with chivalry alot of them think that you are a pansy and you are probably stuck in the "nice guy" domain in which you score no action at all and so many girls love it when a guy is dominant over them
- Firstly, are you *sure* that's why you get weird looks?
- Secondly, quit your bitching, I thought you decided to save yourself for that special girl, now you're lamenting the fact that girls think you're soft?

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
- Firstly, are you *sure* that's why you get weird looks?
- Secondly, quit your bitching, I thought you decided to save yourself for that special girl, now you're lamenting the fact that girls think you're soft?
i dont think many girls like guys who you can classify as "soft". if someone is mothering me and talking about his feelings all the time id probably get over it quite quickly because thats not really what i look for in a guy. if i wanted that id date a girl.
you want to have someone who can protect you and keep you safe but you also want a guy with manners whos not all macho. its one of those things where you have to have the right mix- like iced chocolate.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Azzie, I lyke broke my nail today.. can I cry on your shoulder :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)