Where to apply/get a job? (1 Viewer)

Predator78

HSC
Hey all,
Just after a little bit of guidance in finding a job. Basically I am looking for a job to probably begin in a few months or the last quarter of the year. I hear most people hire around the September-October mark? Yes, I know this is probably too specific. Although I have experience in fast food for two years (not the best I know). So yeah. Where do you guys think it would be best to try with the greatest chance of succeding?

Thanks all much appreciated :)

JTwin

HSC
a lot of people have said bunnings is really good. and maybe other hardware shops and stuff.
i worked at a bookshop and loved it, except when it was really quiet it would get a bit boring.
i've also been working at eagle boys which i find has a lot better hours than the other generic fast food stores. i recommend it.
good luck!

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
And this would involve handing in your resume to places that aren't hiring?
I would. My place of work, as well as plenty of other places I know, keep resumes on file for a number of months in case a position comes up. We get a few resumes a week, and if it means my boss doesn't need to pay to run an ad on seek/newspaper, then that's a bonus for him and the people who've resume dropped. There's much less success with resume dropping than going for vacant positions, but every little bit can help.

Predator78

HSC
Just apply any where you'd like to work, can't be too picky unfortunately.
Event Cinemas always seem to be hiring so you could start there
Yeah true, I guess I'll have to have a look around and ask questions and get my resume up to date with everything on it.

a lot of people have said bunnings is really good. and maybe other hardware shops and stuff.
i worked at a bookshop and loved it, except when it was really quiet it would get a bit boring.
i've also been working at eagle boys which i find has a lot better hours than the other generic fast food stores. i recommend it.
good luck!
Thanks for the reccomendation :) I'll have to check them out and see how they work etc.

And this would involve handing in your resume to places that aren't hiring?
I would. My place of work, as well as plenty of other places I know, keep resumes on file for a number of months in case a position comes up. We get a few resumes a week, and if it means my boss doesn't need to pay to run an ad on seek/newspaper, then that's a bonus for him and the people who've resume dropped. There's much less success with resume dropping than going for vacant positions, but every little bit can help.
I guess it wouldn't hurt to do so. May as well get the name out there for xmas sales and all that since they will be hiring for them in the next couple of months. Sounds logical too. Might apply at the usuals like woolworths etc too.

Cheers all :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)